Please read through the following rules carefully. Posting stories to Granger Enchanted is a privilege, not a right.
We reserve the right to refuse any story on any basis and failure to abide by our submission rules can result in temporary or permanent banning.
Granger Enchanted Submission Rules.
Your story MUST have a beta.
A Beta is a Fan Fiction Editor that will read through your stories, find mistakes, plot errors and then help you correct them. We recommend Perfect Imagination Harry Potter Beta Site and GE accredited Betas.
You must use appropriate wording.
‘Her waste was small and trim.’ Should obviously be, ‘Her waist was small and trim.’
Correct Grammar, Correct Word Usage, Punctuation and Spelling- They are expected of ALL stories submitted to this site. Granger Enchanted Site Administrators are not Grammar Nazis; however, we expect a certain level of quality before your story will be accepted. We reserve the right to request corrections or rewrites in submissions and will reject those that do not comply with our rules.
Mistakes Are Yours.
The Submissions Witches are not your personal editors. You are required to correct your mistakes if requested and do not badger Admin over your story submission. We do not reply to emails (especially angry ones) demanding to know why a story was rejected- read your rejection letter carefully!
Terms and Conditions
These must be agreed to before posting a story to Granger Enchanted. If you agree to our Terms and Conditions then do not abide by them, we will have no option but to reject your story.
This may seem fairly obvious but all stories must comply with our submission rules. They are there for a reason, to keep story quality high and rubbish OUT!
When Canon words are used in the story, they must be spelled correctly. If they are not, that is grounds for rejection. The whole point of a fan fiction site is for FAN reading and many fans are very knowledgeable regarding Canon and while we do not permit flaming, it is mistakes like that, which often lead to flames, which are not allowed.
All stories must contain appropriate warnings, ratings, categories, genre and summary.
One parent category and one sub category from the same parent category only.
One banner per story which must meet the size requirements of 600 in length by 200 in height, any violation will be removed.
Disclaimers must be included in all stories! It should be present in your story notes. Failure to include a disclaimer is an instant delete of your story from our archive. We do not want to get sued, so please respect this rule! Example of a Disclaimer: The characters and canon situations in the following story belong solely to JK Rowling, Scholastic and WB. I am not making any money from the publishing or writing of this story.
A valid email address is required for every author.
Do not link to other sites in your story, summary etc. If you wish to have a personal website address in your profile you are more than welcome to insert it in your author profile. Please limit your profile to one link and a small biography.
If you are underage then YOU ARE NOT WELCOME AT THIS SITE AND MUST IMMEDIATELY LEAVE. You are not welcome to join our site, and cannot post stories until you reach the age of 18. Those who believe themselves above the rules will find a ban put on not only their IP address but a letter forwarded to their Internet Service Provider.
Summaries must be completed for each submission. Authors are restricted to a maximum of four lines of text for their summary. They cannot read ‘I suck at summaries, please read’, for example.
Restrictions on Stories.
Stories will be rejected for the following reasons.
~*~ Hermione in an underage (under 18) sexual relationship with an older wizard or witch. (Two consenting minors will be permitted eg:-Hermione and Harry are both 15, Hermione 16 and in a sexual situation with Severus will not)
~*~ Paedophilia – If you submit this, a letter/email will be sent to your Internet Service Provider and a letter/email will be sent to local law enforcement authorities.
~*~ Child Abuse
~*~ Out of Character in the extreme.
~*~ Badly written, poorly edited, badly cliché story line.
~*~ Adult titles, Adult user names & NC17 summaries.
~*~ Characters using netspeak or slang words that do not exist in proper English, For example: u, 2nite and thru to name a few.
~*~ Story does not have a Summary, see summary in basic rules for details
~*~ Begging for readers or apologising for your story eg: - My first attempt please read! , Summary sucks but story rocks etc. or rev~*~ iew and I will update
~*~ Repeated and/or major errors in grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
~*~ Extreme OOC (Out of Character) Eg: - Hermione is blonde with blue eyes with no discernible or believable explanation. Blaise is suddenly white, Draco says words like anyways and whaddup.
~*~ NO MARY SUES ALLOWED!
~*~ Continual errors in Canon spellings.
~*~ Bracketed Author's notes within the body of your story or full chapters of Author's notes.
~*~ Your story is without a DISCLAIMER.
~*~ Answering or pasting reviews into your story chapter. Please do not do this, it is not needed and uses valuable data space that could be used for fics. Only your story with author's notes (at the start or end) are permitted.
- When there are errors with your fic, your story/chapter will be moved to the pending centre to await your edits.
- Authors will have three days to fix their stories and must email admin alerting us to the corrections.
- Failure to correct your errors within three days from the pending date will result in your fic not being allowed for seven days.
- Failure to email the validator to alert them to the changes - your chapter will be deleted regardless of the changes being made.
- Resubmitting your fic without all the requested changes made, changes not made at all or new errors will result in a 14 day wait for resubmission.
- After the seven/fourteen day resubmission if you still fail to grasp our submission rules you will be asked to post elsewhere.
- Pending action may be for something as simple as a summary correction or category change and be as serious as a full blown non edited story.
- Please do not resubmit before the seven/fourteen day period if you have been asked to reassess your fic. This time might seem excessive but is important to ensure your fic meets our submission requirements and your fic is a high standard. Again if you post before this time you will be asked to leave.
Grounds for Story Rejections.
~*~ All points from Basic Rules section 1 and above section.
~*~ Plot is unreadable, inconsistent or childishly written. This is the opinion of Admin; we can and will reject any story we believe does not meet our archive standards. Please do not take this as a personal affront; your story just does not mesh well with our archive.
~*~ Frequent Point of View changes in the one scene/chapter.
~*~ Using the English language incorrectly. Eg:- Words like anyways and panties do not belong in your story nor would Dumbledore say it so please leave it out.
~*~ All submissions must be accompanied by a complete disclaimer. If a suitable disclaimer is not included, the site administrators reserve the right to reject the story.
~*~ Repeat offenders may be subject to further action up to and including removal of stories and account.
~*~ Stories must be submitted to the proper category. If there is an appropriate sub-category, DO NOT add your story to the main category. We have worked hard to create enough categories to cover everyone's stories so there will be one for you So please do NOT add your story multiple times to multiple categories.
~*~ Actor/Actress stories are not permitted...not even if they're visiting an alternate reality.
~*~ Stories with multiple chapters should be archived as such and NEVER as separate stories. Upload the first chapter of your story, and then go to Manage Stories in your account to add additional chapters. If you have trouble with this, please contact the site administrator or ask a friend to help you.
~*~ If your story resembles another in the archive with too many likenesses to be a coincidence you will be put on notice and your story rejected. Plagiarism will not be tolerated at all. We appreciate some likeness can be found in stories with similar genres/pairings and all cases will be thoroughly investigated. Any story found to be plagiarised will result in immediate banning of author, without question. We do not tolerate stealing in any way shape or form!
- Each Author (non-validated) is limited to no more than three chapters in one 24 hour period. If you upload your chapters at 1am then you must wait until 1am the next day to resubmit.
- Emails sent to authors asking for corrections and or category changes must be completed before your story will be validated
- Story turnaround in the validation queue is normally 1-2 days, however you must be patient. Our submissions witches have their own lives and although we understand your excitement on submitting a story we cannot always get to it straight away. Fics submitted on weekends can expect a delay of three-four days depending on the real life commitments of our crew. Please do not email admin asking why your chapter hasn't been validated because we will not respond.
- Challenge winner banners should be posted in the body of your story if you already have a story banner. If you don't then the challenge/award banner is permitted in the summary. Please do not link to another site in your image or summary.
- Validated Authors that continuously submit poorly written or stories that have not seen a beta will be warned, further violations will have their validation taken away from them. You are still responsible for following our submission rules.
My story was rejected, what do I do now?
1. You were rejected for lack of a beta.
1a. This is a common rejection here and will no longer be tolerated. Stories submitted without a Beta (you might think you'll get it through, but you won't!) will not be valid for resubmission for one week after your rejection. This gives you plenty of time to find a Beta, have them edit your work and then get it ready for submission.
2. You were rejected for continually submitting without a Beta or your work has clearly not been edited in the slightest.
2a. You will be asked not to resubmit for two weeks. This includes Pre-Validated Authors.
3. You completely ignore the Submission Rules, TOS, or Admin request to see a Beta, fix your story or not post again for the time allotted.
3a. We reserve the right to ask you not to return. If you can't be bothered following our Submission Rules and giving appropriate respect to Granger Enchanted and its associates, then perhaps our sites are not for you.
4. My story was rejected for being too OOC, isn't all FanFic OOC?
4a. As a Hermione centric fan fic site we try to maintain the Harry Potter universe. Whilst we appreciate your imagination, writing style and wish to bring Hermione into different worlds, you must remember that Hermione Granger is a witch; her story is magical and revolves around the Wizarding World. Removing her from that world into a foreign/alien world can remove Hermione completely and just makes her an OFC with the name Hermione. We reserve the right to remove any fic on the grounds of being OOC to the extreme.
5. My fic was rejected for being childish but I'm a 40 year old woman, how could my fic be childish?
5a. I know this might seem horribly insulting but we aren't suggesting you are a child writing a story but your writing lacks a level of maturity we require for our site. Don't take it to heart, learn and grow, practice and enlist a qualified beta to help you evolve into an adult writer.
6. My story was put in the pending queue because I didn’t have a disclaimer/beta/incorrect category etc, and it’s still in the queue, why?
6a. Every person who submits to Ge receives an acceptance or rejection letter. When you are rejected and put into the pending queue, you have three days to fix your mistakes and email admin to let them know of your changes. Validators do not have all day to sit through your stories and compare old fic to new fic.
7. I think a disclaimer is stupid and I’m not going to put one on my story
7a. Without a disclaimer you open yourself up to liable. Granger Enchanted accepts no responsibility for users breaking the law or committing plagiarism, without a disclaimer you are on your own should JK or WB decide to sue you! Plus you won’t be allowed into our archive, simple as that.
When submitting a story for the first time, read through the rules carefully. We take the rules seriously and they have been in place for many years without incident. Respect our rules and in turn, we shall respect you. One week for resubmission on your first warning.
Failure to comply to our submission witches requests for any of the above rules will result in a two week ban of resubmitting.
Permanent Banning (Third Strike)
This will happen and has happened to those who believe themselves above our rules. Posting to Granger Enchanted is not a right, but a privilege we extend to Authors. We do not have to allow you into our archive and should you deem our rules unnecessary, then perhaps GE is not for you and you’d be better suited to a non quality controlled archive.
I will not tolerate cyber bullying, harassment or derogatory/inflammatory remarks about GE, its members, admin or in reviews/stories/public forums. Granger Enchanted is run by volunteers who do not deserve your scorn, harassment or bullying emails. Members found in violation of this, will be removed- no questions asked.