1.How do I register?
2. I've forgotten my password/username! What do I do now?
3. My password isn't working and I keep getting an error message, what should I do?
4. Why are the Terms and Conditions/Submissions so intricate?
1. How do I change my password?
2. What size image can I have in my profile?
3. How do I change my pen name?
4. How do I change skins?
5. Why is it important to agree that I am over the age of 18?
6. Why can't I view R/NC17 stories?
8. Why are my favourite Author/Stories not showing up in my favourites list?
1. How do I add a story?
2. Why does my story not show up in the recent stories?
3. What ratings are accepted and what do they mean?
4. What stories am I permitted to submit?
5. Can I issue a challenge?
6. How do I respond to a challenge?
7. What language does Enchanted accept?
8. How do I become a validated author?
9. Why do I need a disclaimer?
10. What size image am I allowed to have in my story?
1. What is Granger Enchanted?
2. Who owns Granger Enchanted?
3. Why do I get a Fatal MySQL error?
4.How do I contact the Administration?
5.What should I do if I'm being harassed?
6. Why do I have to be 18 to join?
7. I want to talk to other GE fans, where can I go?
1. How do I become a GE beta?
2. How do I become a Cheerleader?
3. I am PI accredited, do I instantly become a GE beta?
4. I am looking for a beta, where do I find one?
5. I am looking for a cheerleader, where can I find one?
Story Submission Help
1. Why has my story not appeared in the recent list?
2. Why, after inputing all my information, does the site claim I still need to put in my story text, even though I've already done that?
3. What can I do if my story was rejected?
4. Why do I need a Beta for my story?
5. Why has my chapter title been changed to Pending, with a date and admin name?
6. I am unsure as to why my story was rejected, can I email admin asking why?
7. I never receive rejection/acceptance letters, why is that?
8. I disagree with the the validation witch's suggestions, can I resubmit anyway?
9. My fic was rejected due to Americanisms, Why?
10. What is a beta?
11. I have emailed the validation witch who rejected my story loads of times, without response. Why are they not answering me?
12. I have made all the corrections listed and my story still isn't in the recent list, why?
13. Why was my first chapter accepted but the rest keep getting rejected?
14. Why has my story been rejected here, yet I am published at other places?
15. I disagree with the rejection, what can I do from here?
2.To recover a lost password, click here and enter the e-mail address with which you registered. Your password will be sent to you shortly. Also, check that you are using the correct username. Please complete this step before contacting admin! If you cannot remember your username, unfortunately there is nothing we can do for you. Also, to have us change your password you MUST email us from your registered email address or we will not help you.
4. Our staff work hard to provide a free and safe site for members to read and post adult Hermione Granger Fan Fiction. Our Terms and Conditions are to protect our members and owners from Liable. Our submission rules are tough because we expect the highest quality from our authors and do not just accept anybody. If you disagree with any of our rules and regulations we suggest that our site might not be for you.
3. Contact Enchanted Admin
7. Are you logged in? Check that first. Second is the age consent ticked in edit preferences? If the answer to both is yes, try logging out then back in then check the link to the story you're trying to access. The coding for efic, automatically reverts the user back to the 'age' statement or the table of contents for a story, after an idle period.
8. When selecting your favourites it is a two part process. 1. Click add author/story to favourites. 2. On the next page will be a small white box. You can either enter information about your favourite story/author or leave it blank. Then hit submit. We are currently experiencing problems with our Favourite Author link. Use the link on the Author's stories not their profile as it will not save.
Our Ratings are as follows:
G :- Suitable for all ages. (Available to non-registered members)
PG:- Suitable for most ages. (Available to non-registered members)
PG13:- Suitable for most ages but may contain content of a minor sexual nature. (Available to non-registered members)
M15:- May contain mature content. Not suitable for all ages. (Only for registered members)
R:- Will contain adult situations, scenes depicting violence. Suitable for those over the age of 18. (Only for registered members)
NC17:- Will contain graphic sexual content and graphic coarse language, violence. (Only for registered members)
We only accept stories where Hermione is the main character. Stories do not have to feature her point of view but any major romantic/general relationship should have Hermione as the main pairing. And contain Hermione as the major character in at least every second chapter.
You most certainly can! The site runs monthly challenges that can be entered by any author. Check out the news sections or theChallenge Category But you can issue your own challenge and then advertise it on Owl Post!
Becoming a validated author is a privilege given to very few. You must have repeated perfect chapters without mistakes and abide by the rules. Once a validated author it can be revoked at any time if you violate our TOS. Please do not email admin regarding becoming a validated author. You will get an email if the privilege has been extended to you.
Stories are limited to ONE banner of the size 600px by 200px. You may use images in the body of your stories but if they are image heavy you must warn readers of this fact. Banners announcing featured, challenge wins or nominations should only be placed in your story contents if you haven't got a banner. If you do, then it must go into your actual story. If you find your winner banner missing, it will most likely be in the body of your story- Admin will have removed it. We do not have to inform you of this, but will generally do so. We do not permit banners which link to outside sites, to protect our members from spam/viruses
1. Granger Enchanted is the main site for Three archives, forums, Live Journal, Facebook and Twitter. It provides a home to authors and readers wanting quality fiction and a friendly, family atmosphere.
3. Official GE beta's must obtain a certificate from Perfect Imagination first before even being considered. Once you have your certificate, post it to the forums and sit back and wait!
4. Please do not contact our Administration via their personal accounts. All questions, queries et cetera, should be directed to Enchanted Admin
7. The Forums should be your first stop!
6. If you are looking for a Beta for your story and not to become a GE Beta, then visit our Pick a Beta Page! Please follow the rules when contacting the betas on our lists as we do not tolerate spamming or rudeness.
Story Submissions Help
2. If you are copying and pasting from Microsoft word, there will be a lot of random coding that GE cannot process. A simple way to rectify this is - 1. Untick TinyMCE editor. 2. Find the first sentence of your fic, and delete everything above it. Then hit submit again.
3. If you story was rejected for- 1. Lack of a beta, then get a beta. 2. Poorly written/childish themes, maybe our site isn't for you. 3. OOC, although this is fan fiction, we do still want the characters to resemble those in the HP world. Having Mary Sue/Stues does not make fandom happy.
4. We understand your excitement at publishing your fiction, however we strive to provide- high quality, well written fiction that sets us apart from the rest. We don't just accept any old person that's decided to write their first fan fic and haven't quite grasped sentence structure or basic spelling. A beta will fix your mistakes and help you grow as a writer. We do not accept fics without beta editing.
5. Rather than just reject your fic outright, we have developed a 'Pending' system, which allows the Author to rectify any minor errors in the story before publishing. Things like- disclaimers, Betas, minor spelling corrections etc. If you check your story and it is 'Pending', then you will have received a 'Pending' email from us with the corrections needed for publishing. Once you have fixed all your errors, email the validation witch involved and your story will be moved back into the submissions queue.
9. We aren't officially a 'Briticism' hard arse- although we do draw the line at the more common Americanisms, eg: Panties, Anyways, S'up, Y'all etc. If in doubt, pick up your HP novel and see if Hermione is asking 'Y'all guys come to my joint' and then we'll talk.
11. You will only be answered if it was required. Our validation witches work for free, in their own time and have lives of their own. If you have been placed in 'Pending' you are required to reply to the Pending email. If you have received a straight out rejection, read through the email carefully, follow the instructions then resubmit.
13. There are a number of reasons. 1. Your writing style may have changed drastically. 2. You are no longer using a Beta. 3. You may have started off with an amazing story that has declined rapidly into the horrendousville.
14. If you have been accepted at one of the other major quality controlled archives, you can be assured of publishing here. If you are coming from your own personal blog or ff.net/aff.net, you're likely to be rejected, especially if you haven't a beta.
15. I employ only PI/GE accredited Betas as our submission witches. We pride ourselves on being objective and open minded, even if a story isn't a pairing we enjoy. I allow the Validations/Submissions witches to make judgement calls on their own, however if there is a dispute over a story, we will vote and majority wins. Please do not take a rejection to heart or as the final nail in your coffin, take a deep breath, reread the rejection and go from there.