Over the next three weekends, our Beltane warriors will need some assistance polishing their drabble entries in time for the Sunday evening deadlines for the Beltane Drabble Wars. If you are a beta, please consider showing participating authors your support.
Authors and betas alike: please remember that stories have a minimum word count of 100 words and a maximum of 1,500 words.
If you are willing and able to help, please comment below with the following:
- which weekends you are available,
- the best way for authors to contact you,
and your approximate turn around time for fics:
- >500 words,
- 500-1,000 words, and
- 1,000-1,500 words.
Thank you in advance. I know that our authors will appreciate your efforts. :)
Beltane Drabble War
Stories should be no shorter than 100 words and no greater than 1500 words.
Your stories will be inspired by the prompts posted over at the Owl Post Forum. Brandy01 has graciously volunteered to make banners for your drabbles and we squish her and her lovely gifts of such beneficence. Due to site restrictions, banners may be used only on your personal LJ.
Using word prompts, manips, pictures, art, quote, etc. you can choose a prompt and submit a story either directly using your prompt or inspired by your prompt.
New prompts will be available every Friday during the war. Please only use the current week’s prompts.
. Pairing is up to you. If you are writing Hermione with a Malfoy, you may post it to either Granger Enchanted or Malfoy Manor. If Hermione is being paired with anyone else, it must be posted to Granger Enchanted.
You can write as many drabbles as you feel inspired to write per week, but each story can only be posted to GE or MM, not both. After the war is over, feel free to cross post your stories.
Each story should be submitted no later than April 13th for the first week, no later than the 20th for the second week and no later than the 27th for the third week. After all the stories are posted, there will be a poll for voting at each site’s LJ page. Voting will close for the first week on the 17th, for the second week on the 24th and for the third week on May 1st. Entries submitted to GE will be voted on at the GE LJ site and entries submitted to MM will be voted on at the MM LJ site.
All stories must be beta read and will be subject to submission standards. Please post the prompt you used in the author’s notes.
Go pick a prompt and get started!
I cannot wait to read the amazing stories I know you will be writing.
For questions regarding the Beltane Drabble War, please leave a comment below.
xoxo Granger Enchanted Admin Witches
Happy Happy April to all GE'ers and to our featured author of the month - - - - - - - - - - - - CRMediaGal!!!!!!
Check out her amazing stories! She is an American with a talent for writing Severus/Hermione and always manages to throw in a twist. For a truly twisted, thoroughly engaging tale, read CRMediaGal!!
Granger Enchanted is proud to feature Nathaniel Cardeu for the month of March!!
Nathaniel is British born and brings to his stories an authenticity that is effortless. He writes almost any pairing with our beloved Hermione, showing great versatility. Check out the featured stories for this month and you will find many of Nathaniel Cardeu's most popular fics. If you would like to leave a message of adoration, love, or if you would like to declare undying loyalty to this author, you may do that on our Granger Enchanted facebook page.
For the month of February, we are featuring some stories with a Valentine's Day theme. Come check out our Granger Enchanted facebook page for news about upcoming events on the site and the chance to chat with a favortie author. We are looking forward to seeing you there sometime. Enjoy the featured stories and don't forget to leave the authors some feedback in the review section.
The stories from the Christmas Exchange are now being posted at Malfoy Manor. There are only a few up at the moment, with more to follow later in the week. We hope to have them all up and ready for you all to enjoy before Christmas day!
In the meantime, happy reading and writing!
Thank you to everyone who has participated in this exchange!
Posting of our exchange stories will begin this weekend, so there will be many lovely stories to head over to the Manor to read and review! I know all of our participants have been waiting very patiently to recieve their gifts. Alas, real life does get in the way, and sometimes our muses do not cooperate when there is a deadline. To those who have yet to complete their exchange entries, we would be extremely grateful if you could scrape something together and get them in by Sunday so that they can be posted early next week.
Thanks in advance, and as always HAPPY READING! :D
Once upon a time . . . .
Mistress Malfoy was born and her parents rejoiced.
Now, all the many fans of Hermione Centric Fan Fiction rejoice
and celebrate her on the anniversary of the day of her birth.
We all hope your birthday is perfectly splendid from start to finish and that you celebrate for the next year!
We love you oodles!
DHLane, Sirsevchick, Lupinswolfie, and Brandy01
Hello my lovely ladies.
I know a few of you have been struggling to get your story submissions completed by the due date, so I am here to let you know that I am extending it by a week. So you have now got until the 17th of November to have your stories sent in.
Hope this is helpful. Happy Writing!
Happy birthday to my other long suffering beta, admin, validator and dear friend DHLane. I don't know what I'd do without your late night chats, giggles and secret squirrels.
i hope you have a splendid birthday xoxo
Please note this is not the Enchant sign up exchange. This is purely for the Malfoy Manor signups!
Hello everyone! Malfoy Manor (a sub domain of Granger Enchanted dot com) is holding a Christmas Gift Exchange and we'd love you to join us!! Please click the image for information with sign ups!!
This year for Christmas, Malfoy Manor is planning to host a Christmas Gift Fic Exchange.
The exchange will of course, be Christmas themed. There will be a minimum word count of 3000. Pairings are any Malfoy with Hermione, and any rating will be accepted. Sign-ups will begin on September 8th and will end on the 23rd - so make sure you start signing up as soon as soon as the link is up!
All fics will be due by November 15th.
Please note that this post is an expression of interest only - actual sign-up will be via email beginning on the 8th. (Sign ups for the Enchant - all pairings- Xmas exchange will begin a few days after this)
Hello my loves!! Due to several requests I have extended the dark!witch challenge to mid-October :)
we are taking expressions of interest now for a Christmas one shot challenge, sign ups will begin on October 1st and fics will be one shots only 1000 words or more.
This fortnights featured fics will be some of my favourite Dramione stories... So please enjoy!!!
Thank you to all our authors who participated in the exchange! It was an absolute joy to be the mod for this exchange and I hope you all enjoyed it as much as we did!!
To my wonderful pinch hitters Nathaniel Cardeu and ArtemisGoddess truly you are amazing to find the time to knock up something so quickly! Thank you so much!
To DHLane for uploading so many stories for me and to everyone for nagging and being hilarious whilst waiting for me to upload :D
Now onto the Biiiiggggggggggg Reveal!!
Trembling I listened by Darkrivertempest
Myosotis by Nathaniel Cardeu
Lesson Learned by MistressMalfoy
Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Stuff by Blue Artemis
Close your eyes and see me by NocturnalWriter777
Deep Cover/Blind by Minervasrevenge
Pagan Moon by DHLane
Afternoon Break by AleysiaSnape
The YOung Adventurers Club by ArtemisGoddess
The Hit by Nathaniel Cardeu
Never Again by Mihnn
The Charred Crag by krazyredhead0317
Broken by Bunnyhops
Every you Every me by nottonyharrison
English Suite by Savva
Only the Strong Survive by ImTrouble
Through the looking glass by ArtemisGoddess
Under the Influence Keelhaulrose
Happy Birthday to my longest suffering admin and my first ever beta Sirsevchick!! I hope you have a wonderful day gorgeous we all love you!
As per the poll vote (yay!) the August/September will be a Dark!Witch challenge. This will also double as a Hermione!Birthday challenge, so extra points (Brownie lol) for incorporating her birthday into the challenge!
The Boring Rules!
1. Fics must contain Hermione as the main pairing and can be with any witch or wizard or simply be a Gen!Fic
2. All fic must be submitted and completed by September 15th.
3. Fic can be multi chartered but must be complete by September 15th
4. Minimum word count is 2000
5. Fics should be placed in Challenges-> Dark Witch 2013
Hermione must be a dark witch in some form no matter which prompt you choose. Even the 'lighter' varieties should have Hermione be a witch of the darker variety.
If you have a prompt of your own you'd like to see listed, please contact me firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Defence Against the Dark Professor. Hermione Granger Professor at Hogwarts School of Witch Craft and Wizardry has a deep, dark, tantalising secret...she didn't help Harry Potter defeat the Dark Lord by being the voice of light and reason, but treading a path a very fine path between dark and light. Now as an adult she has fully succumbed to her passion and about to be unleashed on the unsuspecting children of Hogwarts.
2. The Ambassador for the Deceased. Hermione Granger had thought after Hogwarts that she'd be a star in her own right. But after a few years and a few too many trodden toes she's swept under the proverbial rug and into the deepest, most horrifying room in the Department of Mysteries. She is the Ambassador for the dead, speaking directly to the souls beyond the veil and making their case to the Wizengamot for reinstatement. Always a champion for those less fortunate and sick of Ministry bureaucracy she takes matters into her own hands and brings back someone she least expected.
3. The Assassin. Recruited into a secret and very Pureblood organisation with the lure of a higher education in magic, Hermione unwittingly becomes their lead assassin with her ruthlessness to do what is right no matter the cost.
4. How the War was won. The war didn't go how everyone expected, the Light did not triumph over the Dark and Harry Potter chose not to return after visiting the waiting room. Narcissa Malfoy is murdered, Bellatrix Lestrange did not perish and Severus Snape was revealed to be a true soldier for the dark having tricked everyone. The spoils are rewarded, public executions take place yet one witch, one very lucky witch is ousted as a spy...a spy since her birth.
5. Badly Bewitched and Besotted. He shouldn't be utterly and undeniably attracted (painfully so) to such an awful lower class being as the Mudblood. But he finds her impossible to resist.
6. The Mistress of Slytherin. Forced back to Hogwarts when Professor Flitwick retires Hermione Granger finds herself the Head of Slytherin House as no one else wants the job. There she finds intrigue and mystery, very naughty (over 18) school boys and a den of sin hidden from the teachers for centuries.
7. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, once I caught a witch alive. The war has long been forgotten, loves rebuilt, babies born, friends married and one Hermione Granger a willing slave to a wizard who wants to relive his dark past and taint a witch that represents everything that is wrong in their world.
8. The faulty witch. A year has passed since the final battle, and the flurry of media attention has finally calmed. Hermione has discovered some problems with her magic, beginning with an inability to cast simple spells and progressively getting worse. She eventually sees a dark arts expert, only to discover her soul has been tainted by a dark curse.
9. The Master and the Apprentice. Not happy with pigeon holing magic Hermione journeys to find the fabled Masters of the Eternal. The practitioners of the Dark Arts. There she finds her past was not all as seems and her life has been carefully orchestrated to lead her to a long awaited destiny.
10. When first we practice to deceive. Betrayed, abandoned and alone in a world she helped to create, Hermione turns to a strange group of allies, ones she made in secret during the Yule ball and enacts revenge on those who slighted her. (A Knights of Walpurgis meets an academic club, the smart and powerful take back the world, can be other houses and a mix of blood)
HAVE FUN!! ANY QUESTIONS POST THEM HERE!!
Due to the increase in people placing horribly oversized ugly banners on their stories- banners will no longer be permitted on the site.
Any stories that have had their banners removed in the previous days will not be permitted to use banners again.
Any banners placed in stories- before today's date- that do not violate the size conditions will be allowed to keep them.
This goes for banners inside stories and placed in chapters - which will now no longer be permitted.
Not only are oversized banners revolting and take up valuable space but they cost the site in bandwidth every time they load.
If any has any problems with this you can contact me directly.
Site rules have been changed to reflect this change.
MistressMalfoy and the GE Team.
Hi everyone! It's that time of year again- time for Hermione_Smut exchange. At this stage prompts can be submitted for adoption!
CLICK ME to visit the exchange!!
Hi everyone :)
Just a quick update to let you know exchange fics will begin posting in the next few days. The extension date is now over and I am just waiting for the final fics to make their way to me :)
I haven't had access to my email for a few days but I will answer them all tomorrow.
MistressMalfoy (still without her beloved comma)
Happy Birthday to our dear
We hope that your special day is absolutely wonderful, splendid and fabulous - Just like you.
With lots of love and hugs and kisses~
Your Granger Enchanted Sisters
There comes a time in a little site's life where it needs money to survive and unfortunately GE has once again reached that time.
Our last donation drive raised enough funds to keep the site going for an entire year and since then I (MistressMalfoy) have been funding the site myself.
Unfortunately this is a cost I can no longer sustain on my own and whilst it might not seem like a lot of money- when you have a small child to feed- clothe- water (lol) etc it does get a bit expensive trying to justify the indulgence which is GE.
With gentle prodding from my dear bestie (DHLane) she has encouraged me to post a donation button for a few days with the hopes that those who appreciate GE will be tempted (bribed) to donate even a dollar to help keep the site running.
Please do not feel obligated to donate but if you wish to and can (without financial hardship to yourselves) please feel free.
Your donation goes towards the running of Granger Enchanted. The hosting of the site and the domain registration. It also goes towards the increase in bandwidth as our site expands.
Thanks muchly for your time xoxo
MistressMalfoy and DHLane xoxo
SUPPORT GRANGER ENCHANTED
To the 18 authors participating in the fic exchange please check your email!
Your recipient and all the juicy details (in two separate emails) should now be waiting in your inbox!
Please let me know asap if you cannot meet the requirements or if your muse is not co-operating and I'll do my best to help you.
Much love MistressMalfoy who is still without her comma key :(
Our lovely Mistress Malfoy is currently unwell and needs to rest. For all of those participating in the Fic Exchange, do not despair. As soon as she feels better in a couple of days time, she will be matching up all of the signups. In the meantime, send her some well wishes so that she might recover quicker and be patient with her. As with all of those who are admin here at GE, she has a busy real life and sometimes things just get in the way.
Happy writing and reading.
The signup post for the fic exchange is now active!
Loads of commas because I used the onscreen keyboard lol
Hello my loves! I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe Easter.
The previous post regarding the fic exchange was to gauge interest and this one is solid expressions of interest.
If you are wanting to participate please leave your details here and this time next week I will put up a post on Live Journal for registrations.
Just a few rules to note.
1. We will not be accepting newbies this round. As in previous rounds we have had several newbies who have not turned in fics and someone has missed out.
2. Only register if you are going to provide a fic. If you register then disappear I will delete your account. If you register and then change your mind please have the decency to let me know.
3. Please become a pinch hitter (see above point lol)
I am looking to have assignments sent out by the start of May and we will open up registration next week.
p.s if my news post is a bit rambly it's because my comma key on my laptop is broken lol
On behalf of myself and all the management I would like to wish you all a safe, happy and chocolicious Easter!!
New Challenge New Challenge New Challenge New Challenge
Brandy01 has issued a challenge to all writers of Hermione centric fanfiction. It is exciting, new and really unique! Head on over to The Manor and check it out.
It is gonna be amazing to read what the talented writers of GE and Malfoy Manor come up with. xoxoKel
When emailing admin with requests and joining the site.
1A. UNDERAGE MEMBERS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED! We have a rather interesting kinship with several of the quality control and 18+ fanfic sites out there and one in particular has been a wonderful ally in finding underage users.
YOU WILL BE CAUGHT OUT! Trust me in the last week I have locked and blocked IP's of twenty underage members who foolishly list their ages on other sites for the world to see.
If I find you joined underage and are over 18 now you will still be deleted and shame on you for breaking the law and jeopardising what we've all worked so hard to build.
Underage users are not allowed here for the express reason, YOU ARE MINORS AND CANNOT MAKE A DECISION FOR YOURSELVES! Hence why all our stories of Hermione with an older male must be over 18! That is the law and we will abide by the law. I will not make concessions for ANY user. If you are underage PISS OFF WE DON'T WANT YOU! (but please do come when you're 18). If you are that desperate for fan fic, visit fanfiction.net :)
I know a few sites out there, that have been popping up recently, allow members from the age of 15 up to join their site. However after consulting with my lawyer,who informed me it is illegal to knowingly allow a minor into my registered site where there is content deemed unsafe for minors (this is smut people!) I can be held accountable. Thankfully with all the disclaimers we have in place, we will never be held accountable for a member lying about their age.
Now onto the boring email stuff!
1. I do not sit at the computer all day (I know this might seem odd but I do have a real life) so I cannot answer your emails instantly and most times within a few days. I have a job and a family who needs more attention than your hysterical request for a password, account deletion, log in problem, reviews missing etc so BE PATIENT
2. We do not change pen names for regular members. I know, I know we are tragically mean, cruel, horrid and bitches for not doing so, but really do you think I have time to trawl through pages of members just to find one member name and to change it from funkylover12 to ILoveRon? I don't.
3. People don't care that much about you.
I know it's a cruel thing to find out, but you know what? When you were 18 and joined the site under funkylover12 and now when you type in funkylover12 your name and profile comes up and now your new job might find out that you're a closet nerd who likes fan fiction, doesn't rate highly on my care list. Do you truly believe anyone would google search your email and associate you with a harry potter fanfic site? Here's a small truth, we protect emails and unless you have all your personal details listed in your profile (and oddly enough some of them are like reading a resume) I'm not going to change the world for you.
Your account is your account and you are responsible for keeping it secure and anonymous.
4. I am not a punching bag or your agony aunt.
Strange but true.
Don't abuse me, don't be nasty, don't be demanding and most of all don't threaten me.
I don't take to threats kindly and you'd better believe every single one that crosses my email is not only logged with my webhost (who has an IP log of every single email sent to me) but I forward those email to your ISP.
If you have a story to impart upon my weary ears and I don't know you, I haven't the time to muster the emotions to care. This might sound horribly cruel but I am a stranger to most of you and you wouldn't stop a man on the street and tell them your woes. However if you have my personal email and I know you, feel free to email me ;)
5. READ THE AUTO RESPONDER!!!
IE doesn't work. I know okay? And I've been bloody bleating on about it for roughly four years now. I KNOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!
THe auto responder has some awfully handy tips on being nice to the admin, what we can and cannot do and to be patient. It's not that hard, you wouldn't yell at your mother for dinner being late nor at a librarian who couldn't find your book quickly. So don't get cross at me!
6. I love you all truly I do.
But a witch can only be pushed so far before her skin turns green and she's wicked!
Emails that are instantly deleted without even being read: Password requests, username changes, email changes, reviews missing, IE not working for reviews and last but not least frequent account deletion requests. I keep one, yes that's right- ONE of your emails and the rest get trashed so don't bother hounding me for account deletions because I will get to it I promise and if you do somehow receive a response it is because you've annoyed me :)
Now to those who are sweet generous souls it is really you who I love and will continue to do so. The lovely members who obey the rules and pet my head when I'm stressed :D
p.s this ranty mcrant news post comes to you after reading 212 requests for password changes, username requests, forgotten usernames/passwords/emails etc the list goes on...
Please join me in welcoming Brandy01 to The Manor family. We are all very excited to inject new blood into the archive.
I hope you will greet her challenges and excitement with enthusiasm :D
Love MistressMalfoy xoxo
I have a job vacancy at Malfoy Manor for an admin position.
The position requirements:
1. You must pass the GE beta test
2. You must have an excellent grasp of the english language and spag
3. Be responsible for bringing in new authors and advertising on other forums/sites etc
3. Be available to liaise with MistressMalfoy and other admins
Please register your interest below and I will contact you shortly.