I'm pleased to announce that our newest archive Enchanting Fiction (Original Fiction Archive) is now open for business!!!
All authors must go through the application process or at least prove they can string two sentences together ie: meaning they already have published works as in fanfiction on this site or any other site or have a body of original stories for us to look over.
We welcome all authors over the age of 18 :)
I'd like to extend the warmest birthday wishes to one of our incredible administration sirsevchick. She tirelessly donates her to the archive and to dozens of fledgling and established author as a beta/confidant :)
For the next week (once she gets her picks to me) sirsevchick will be choosing six stories she'd like to see featured :)
MistressMalfoy and the Granger Enchanted Family!
Voting in the Pure Arrogance Challenge has commenced.
You can vote either two ways:
1. Email: challenges at grangerenchanted dot com
2. By the LiveJournal live poll! Which can be found at the following address: http://community.livejournal.com/grangerenchant/113544.html
Rules can be found at the livejournal!
I know! I'm late on the Canada Day! But I didn't even know about it until today when I mentioned to a friend I was going to wish everyone a happy 4th of July (even though the only reference I have to that day is Will Smith in Independence Day, lol,) and they were kind enough to let me know that Canada Day had just passed :D
I didn't want to leave our friends in the north out so...
HAPPY CANADA DAY!
And to the North Americans...
HAPPY 4th of July!!
From everyone at Granger Enchanted Australia! (We hope you have a wonderful day/s)
Thanks to everyone for emailing me about the recent 'contact member' spammer. We have since dealt with this problem and hopefully it will not be happening again.
If you do find yourself targeted by this person inviting you several times to join their website please contact us an include the body of the email in your msg to us.
If anyone finds themselves the target of a review spammer, leaving pointless one line reviews begging for more chapters in any of their stories please contact admin immediately.
Spamming through reviews isn't any different to regular spamming and we have zero tolerance for this kind of behaviour.
On another note (a happy one!) The next challenge is being born as we speak! It will be called Golden Gryffindor's and span several decades :D So keep an eye out for that one!
I'm very excited! We have two new entries plus an update to Hydrotherapy over at Pure Arrogance!
The challenge entries are just brill so check them out HERE
EDIT:- DON'T FORGET TO HEAD TO PURE ARROGANCE TO READ THE ENTRIES IN THEIR CHALLENGE! Hydrotherapy has had a second chapter added! ! !
First Place.... *drum roll*(winner gets to choose six of their favourites or their stories to feature for the next two weeks)
Whatever it Takes by lilmisblack
The Darker Side of Love by lupinswolfie
Third Place.. (we have three tied for first place)
Wandpoint Wedding by Minerva's Revenge
Mastering The Magic by MistressMalfoy
The Last Gift by Flowersbecomescreens
Well done to everyone who participated! Unfortunately the final results on the Live Journal were altered somewhat by multiple voting and email votes so congratulations to everyone!
(Now pop over to Pure Arrogance and enter that Challenge too!)
So the big reveal...!
Whatever it Takes by lilmisblack
The Darker Side of Love by lupinswolfie
Wandpoint Wedding by Minervasrevenge
Mastering The Magic by MistressMalfoy
The Last Gift by Flowersbecomescreens
Living Hell by LadyLynn
Everything by tarrariddle
The Good Master by anamar
Opening Her Eyes by ajlove
All stories can now be found under their author's profiles :)
Voting for the challenge ended several hours ago and we shall be posting the winners shortly.
Votes are being checked and double checked, and subtractions being made for multiple votes.
Watch this space!!
Hi guys :)
Due to a few suggestions via email in the last couple of days we are opening up EMAIL voting for those without Live Journal Accounts. Simply put CHALLENGE VOTE in the subject line and email enchantedadmin at grangerenchanted dot com and pop your votes to us.
Please be honest and do not vote twice or use multiple accounts.
Voting has commenced in the Diabolical Death Eater Challenge.
Anyone found to have voted more than once (even though it says ONLY ONE VOTE PER PERSON) will have their votes discounted so be warned.
Thank you for everyone for participating!
Remember, one vote per person and no pimping allowed!
Voting will commence today June 7th in roughly a few hours over at the Live Journal. Again all votes will be carefully monitored to avoid any problems.
You are allowed to vote for yourself, however should any votes be suspicious then we will deal with it.
You may only vote ONCE for ONE STORY! Anyone voting for more than one story will have their votes discounted.
Happy Reading! (The challenge entries will remain in the featured section until voting is complete on the 10th June)
MistressMalfoy and the Enchanted Team.
From behalf of our entire staff and I am certain the readership of Granger Enchanted, we wish to extend our sincerest condolences to one of our dearest friends and administrator Punkindoodle.
Her sister lost her long battle with breast cancer of the 21st of May.
Punkindoodle you are a beautiful woman and we all adore you so please accept our thoughts and prayers with you and your family at this tragic time.
With much love,
MistressMalfoy and the Granger Enchanted Staff.
Let me say this once, and only once! Any users found to have plagiarised a story (I don't care if you're the most popular down to a brand spanking new author), you will be BANNED instantly! No questions asked.
Do not think we allow plagiarised stories in this archive, because we do not.
Do not pass the hard work of others, off as your own. Especially when said author is published in this archive!
And when I say ban, I mean banned across the board, every archive, forum, server, EVERYTHING!
It. Will. Not. Be. Tolerated!
Now my rant is over...we have some wonderful new stories in the archive recently, so read up!
Due to a recent spate of spamming, anyone wishing to contact any of the GE email accounts will not be able to use GMAIL. You may still register with this email but if you wish to contact admin or anything regarding help, jobs et cetera, gmail accounts will not be downloaded from our server.
Please use either, yahoo, hotmail or your ISP account.
I'm very excited to tell you all that we've had our first entry into the Pure Arrogance Prompt Challenge!
Hydrotherapy by anonymous (of course) NC17
Now we are aware of the popup adult thingy problem:D and there is an easy way around it.
1. Check to make sure you're 'I am over 18' is checked in your preferences/bio
2. Click okay to the I am over 18 popup
3. It will take you to a page with the warning on it again (click the second line of the warning) and it will take you to the story!
Just a reminder to all who wish to enter the challenge! :D You still have plenty of time to get your entries in and make sure you check out the great entries we have already, in the featured section above the news.
Here is the challenge info once again for you! :D
Diabolical Death Eaters!
Welcome to the first anonymous Enchanted Prompt challenge. The rules are simple and as follows:-
1. All submissions will be anonymous until after the voting is completed and winners announced.
2. Authors will submit stories to challenges at grangerenchanted.com
3. All stories must have seen a beta before submitting to our Challenge Witch.
4. Rejection will occur for the following:- missing disclaimer, no beta, missing information in regards to Title, Summary, Genre, Category etc.
5. Minimum word count is 1500 words up to no limit.
6. You may choose one or many of the prompts listed.
7. For a comprehensive list of Death Eaters then CLICK HERE (thanks to the HP Lexicon)
8. Ratings can range from G-NC17
9. All first chapters should be in by June 7th.
Prompts are as follows...
1. Whilst searching for the Horcruxes Hermione finds herself inexplicably drawn to Harry and his torment. She seeks to soothe his pain and ends up with more than she bargained for. (Dark DE Harry)
2. What should have happened at Malfoy Manor. Harry and Ron are saved by Dobby who is unable to help Hermione; she is given to Fenrir as a prize.
3. The Dark Lord has won and all Muggleborns are gifted to his most faithful. Lucius is elevated to the role of second in command and chooses Hermione as Draco’s 18th Birthday present.
4. A Death Eater (anyone you choose) has formed an unnatural attachment to a certain Mudblood. He wants her and will do whatever it takes to have his feelings reciprocated.
5. Harry notices the change in Hermione and her sudden unexplained disappearances. He follows her and falls into the seductive world of Dark Magic with his best friend and a Death Eater as his tutor.
6. Under the pain of the Cruciatus Hermione displays her first Wandless magic and Disapparates away, landing in Knockturn Alley and into the warm arms of the enemy.
7. Hermione finds out a dangerous secret someone from the Order is keeping and finds herself at his mercy as he desperately tries to keep his lies hidden. (Any member of the Order who will indeed be a Death Eater)
8. Hermione falls victim to a spell that encourages her to seek out the one wizard who would kill her before she even reached his front door.
9. Forced to marry one she hates Hermione finds herself in a strange new world of Purebloods.
10. Draco lied to save her life so she would lie to save his. Hermione forces herself to save a boy who has lived a life full of darkness and now needs her to bring him light.
11. Hermione would do anything for Harry, including giving herself to a Death Eater to gain information to help them win the war.
12. Hermione is abducted during the war by Death Eater’s and has her memory erased. She is given to the Dark Lord’s ‘conditioner’ who is instructed to teach her in the dark arts so she could be one of them. Slowly she regains her memory and is torn between the life she knew and the life she is meant to be living.
13. As a member of the Order, Hermione must infiltrate a well known Death Eater/Junior meeting place/bar/ and use her feminine wiles to seduce them. Her task? Transport them to Order/Azkaban/Ministry. But what happens when she happens across a Death Eater who matches her in skill, intelligence and cunning and she cannot deny her attraction to him.
- This challenge will run from April Seventh to June Seventh so again please do not post your stories to other archives and limit the people you have check it for you. We want to keep this challenge anonymous and it will not work if you post elsewhere and reveal who you are to everyone. :)
- Again email challenges @ grangerenchanted.com for submissions. All submissions will appear under the Pen Name of EnchantingChallenges.
- After the challenge is over stories will be transferred to your account name.
- Voting will again appear on the GE livejournal and commence after June 7th.
- Please bear with us on the challenge as it is new to all of us and there might be a few kinks we need to iron out.
Hello my darlings!
Well yet again we have a couple of want ads for your perusal. Anyone interested in applying for these positions should contact enchantedadmin at grangerenchanted dot com.
1. Advertisers or 'pimpers' for Pure Arrogance which is our Malfoy/Black and Lestrange Centri Archive (including Hermione pairings as Lumione, Dramione) with slash pairings (Draco/Harry, Draco/Blaise, Lucius/Severus) and Het pairings (Draco/Ginny, Lucius/Narcissa etc)
If anyone is interested in this position and is into any of these pairings (it helps if you are aware of authors in the fandom that write beautiful stories with these pairings to invite over) Please contact enchantedadmin at grangerenchanted dot com with WANTED AD! in the subject header.
2. Advertisers or 'pimpers' for We Solemnly Swear... our Marauders Centric Archive. Pairings range from Remus/Sirius to Severus/Lily with all HET and Slash pairings included. Again if you are interested please contact enchantedadmin at grangerenchanted dot com with WANTED AD in the subject header.
3. Submissions witches (with beta experience preferably PI accredited but not necessary) for the newest archive opening soon which is Hermione Centric ALL AGES. We know a lot of the GE family want to join but cannot because they are under 18. So this archive will not have any ratings higher than a Mature rating and you will need to be at least 15 to join. This site will have zero graphic NC17 material and will not accept anything over the Mature rating. It will be a moderated archive with no pre validated authors.
Again if you are interested please contact enchantedadmin at grangerenchanted dot com with WANTED AD in the subject header.
I wanted to let everyone know that I have finally finished graduate school. The amount of support I have recieved from everyone from this site has been amazing. I want to especially thank MistressMalfoy--Jodes, you have listened to my ranting and whining for the past year. From the minute we started to the very end. Words cannot express how you have helped through this process. I don't know what else I can say that truly lets you know how much I appreciate you. Valady--my late night psycho-analyst....need I say more? Finally, TomFeltonIsKindaHot and LuciannaMalfoy-thank you for taking the time to read some of my papers and letting me know that I wrote stuff that everyone could read. I love you all!!!!
They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
Lest We Forget...
Today we celebrate Anzac Day, for those non Aussie/Kiwis it is a holiday to celebrate the anniversary of the first major battle fought with the Australia New Zealand Army Corps. Gallipoli is a sacred place for Anzac day and every year thousands of New Zealanders and Australians alike flock to the beach to remember our brave soldiers. Please take a minute silence to honour those brave souls who fought for our countries. If anyone would like to read up about our brave soldiers then click HERE
For a little while we'll be featuring the entries into the Diabolical Death Eater Challenge. You can find those in 'Featured' or under the pen name EnchantingChallenges.
All submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the template available on the prompt page. HERE
Hi guys, you might notice a few different things while logging in to the archive today and I'm excited and with much thanks to Jacci who has per usual held my hand and listened to my whines.
CHANGES ARE ONLY VISIBLE (until tomorrow) ON THE ENCHANTS SKIN
1. The main menu news is smaller now with links going to the news rather than the whole thing on display.
2. For Opera and IE users we have a main page login box located underneath the Site Info. I've yet to figure out why it isn't working for firefox.
3. Featured Enchants have been moved across to the right menu so our wonderful stories do not get forgotten about :D
4. We have a random story feature that is between the recent list and the art in the left hand menu.
First I have to say thank you to everyone who has helped me out in organising and giving their ideas to this new challenge. It was a bit of work setting it up but I'm extremely pleased on how it's turned out.
I present you... DIABOLICAL DEATH EATERS
A few questions that I know will be asked so I'm pre-empting :D
How will things be different this time?
Answer:- All submissions will be emailed and our anonymous account EnchantingChallenges will post and will remain anonymous until after the voting has commenced and finished.
Why can't I submit under my own pen name?
Answer:- We want to remain fair to everyone, including new writers. So we'll be keeping it anonymous for this round just to see how things go.
Why have you given us prompts?
We're maturing as a site and with that comes more mature challenges. Prompts are an excellent way to stretch your writing abilities and try something you might not normally. You will still have full artistic license and able to work the prompt in whichever way you choose. The Prompt is there as a guideline or a idea maker if you will :D
Who do we email for the submissions?
challenges @grangerenchanted.com is the official challenge email. The person using that account will remain anonymous to everyone except me.
Why can't I submit my story to other archives?
The whole point of this challenge being anonymous is to give everyone the same chance in winning the challenge. It might not seem like much but recognition can be a big buzz for an author. So we'd prefer you not submit to any other archives until the voting is over. We'd ask you limit yourself to one or two people when discussing your story and not show all your friends before it gets posted (that's exactly the same as posting it at other archives)
I don't like this idea, what can I do about it?
To be honest it's far too hard to appease everyone and this is the easiest route to go to keep the majority happy. If the anonymous posting doesn't go well then we'll discuss other options after this challenge has completed. If the challenge doesn't feel quite right to you then you're under no obligation to respond.
Can I answer my reviews?
Unfortunately not until voting is over and the story transferred back to your account.
Can I choose more than one prompt?
Certainly but it must be believable and not thrown together haphazardly because you like two prompts :D
Can I substitute a Prompt character with one of my own? For example Dark!Harry can I have Ron instead?
Character centric prompts were created for that specific prompt and won't be changed.
If you choose one of the senior Death Eater prompts, Hermione must be 18, no exceptions!
Any other questions? Comment here or email.
Wow what a haul in the nominees for the Quill to Parchment Awards! I am floored by the sheer amount of authors from our site that have made it on the list. All I can say is well done and good luck to everyone!!
The nominees are as follows:-Best Author
Most Prolific Author
Boys Do It Better: Best Slash
Because We Want It So: Best Fanon Het
The Love you Take by Subversa
Because Everybody Needs Love: Best Rare Pairing
Heart and Soul by sshg316 (Draco/Luna)
Because we all gotta cry: Best Angst!Fic
Best Alternate Reality.
The Love you Take by Subversa
When Worlds Collide: Best Cross-Over
Everybody Has a Dark Side: Best Dark!Fic
Somtimes, you just want to feel good: Best Fluffy Fic
Heart and Soul by sshg316
Bring The Funny: Best Humor Fic
Bewitchments and Charms by sshg316
The Love you Take by Subversa
3 Turns Should Do It: Best Time Travel
Where Do We Go From Here?: Best Post-War
Bewitchments and Charms by sshg316
The Betrayal by sshg316
You have made us all proud with your excellent writing and even being acknowledged. I look forward to voting and seeing the winners! Good Luck again to all!
MistressMalfoy and The GE Team!
First let me say Congratulations to all that entered and how impressed (proud) I am of the quality of fiction that resulted from this challenge. I am sincerely blown away by the efforts of our amazing authors and I hope it encourages more to participate! (You are all fabulous and we adore you!)
So the winners and the runners up as follows:-
Scifichick (20 votes)
Punkindoodle (17 votes)
LadyLynn (22 votes)
Astralangel (12 votes)
mandyjg (24 Votes)
juls (15 votes)
Drivelicious (20 Votes)
ssdawn (13 votes)
LuciannaMalfoy (16 Votes)
Svelte Rose (14 votes)
Bloodfaerie (17 Votes)
Tasharose (15 Votes)
Aleisha Potter (10 Votes)
Runners up. (4 Votes)
The following will receive banners for their entries based on their competition not submitting a story. 1. tarrariddle for Ho!Mione.
2. GenericWit for Apprentice!Hermione.
3. Aleisha Potter for Affair!Hermione.
4. AlexisRose for I'm Head Girl!
(To prevent any complications, each individual vote has a screenshot log with names blacked out for privacy)
Edit:- Yes our next challenge will be anonymous. The Cliche challenge was too difficult to organise anonymously, giving that the Cliche claims were public.
Yes! It's that time again :D for the Challenge voting! 1. All voting will commence on the GE Livejournal (you don't have to own an account to vote) 2. One Vote per person per category! 3. Please vote on story quality not because the entrant is your friend. 4. Enjoy the stories!!
Voting ends March 18th Midnight AEST.
EDIT TO ADD:- ANYONE WHO IS HAVING TROUBLE VOTING REPLY TO THE LJ POST with YOUR VOTES. ALL COMMENTS ARE SCREENED FOR PRIVACY.
Don't forget our new Challenge Double Double Toil and Trouble is now up and accepting entries!CHALLENGE HERE!
Also this next month is one of our original Author's birthdays! DJ Stroake is celebrating her 30th birthday and has issued a challenge!! :D You can find that:-DJ's Challenge HERE
Hello everyone and it's time for our next challenge! (Whilst we're waiting for the stragglers :D )
In celebration of the Weasley Twins impending birthday (April 1st) we're issuing a Fred and George challenge!!
Entries should be in by April First!
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE CHALLENGE!
(This one is a bit of fun and not so serious so have a good time with it!)
As per usual make sure once you've submitted your entry that you 'Respond to the challenge' and choose your story that is the challenge entry or it won't be counted!
Hello my lovelies,
A new poll is up courtesy of the delightful sirsevchick :D and we want your opinions!
1. A new all ages HG centric Archive aimed at the younger audience. This will be a non adult archive with absolutley no smut at all! (I know shocking right?) Rating will go from G-M with a mature rating being for language and possibly alluded to intimacy.
2. Revamping our original site of http://grangerenchanted.com into something exciting and fresh. This will still be aimed at the HP universe but with a more hopeful and lighter feel to it. We are hoping for a newspaper kind of look with featured writers every month, articles from our gossip writers and classifieds!
3. A fan fiction exchange. These have been running successfully on Live Journal for years now and we thought it would be a nice change from the challenges to have an anonymous exchange on the archive for our authors. Basically you ask for a ship, we pair you with an author wanting to write that ship and you get another author's request. A big old gift exchange!
4. Reader request featured author. Where the reader requests which authors they would like to see on our list!
So let us know how you feel about these options as I'm willing to work on all of them to make our little family a lot more fun :D
Kind Regards and happy reading,
Due to unforeseen circumstances, MistressMalfoy has decided to relinquish her banner and will no longer be participating in any challenges on this site. This gesture is made to honor all of the members of the site and to address any concerns that anyone has. I am totally serious about this next bit. If anyone and I mean ANYONE has any concerns about anything on the archive, please bring it to our attention immediately! Please contact the adminstrators directly with any concerns, questions or problems you may have. We are always open to discussion and would like to address any issues one on one before sending them to a public forum. This way, not only is your privacy protected, it also negates the possibility of people taking sides and feelings being hurt etc.That being said, we have:
VALENTINE'S DAY CHALLENGE WINNERS
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE FOLLOWING AUTHORS:
- First Place: AlexisRose with Cruel and Unusual Punishment AND Sirie with Messing With The Potions Master
- Second Place: MiZZ AmAyA with It's Love
We would like to welcome redneckmama to the fold as our newest wet behind the ears admin!
She joins our team of submission witches to bring you the highest quality fiction :) So be nice to her. Most of you (who frequent Elysium) will know her as the Queen of Slash and of course your resident Administrator, she is very sweet and patient with new authors and we are grateful for the time she's taking out of her life to volunteer at Enchanted.
We also welcome Curse Weaver back into the fold who was an original administrator at Granger Enchanted but left on Hiatus for a very long time (we missed her!) she is now one of two admins at the Forums . WELCOME BACK!
The great cliche challenge has six fantastic entries! And we are eagerly waiting the other fourteen so we can begin the vote :)
The forums have just opened a new board for our Author Mentor program. All budding authors should apply :)
We hope you have a lovely rest of February!
MistressMalfoy and your Enchanted Team.