I hate to sound like a broken record but it has been brought to my attention that several members are breaking our biggest rule. YOU MUST BE 18 TO JOIN OUR SITE! 18! Not fifteen, not seventeen and a half BUT EIGHTEEN!!! It is against the law in pretty much every country in the world for you to join and be underage! DISCLAIMERS ARE OVER THE ENTIRE SITE STATING THIS RULE!.
AS OF TODAY ANYONE FOUND TO BE UNDER 18 AND AN ACTIVE MEMBER OF THIS SITE, MALFOY MANOR AND PURE ARROGANCE will have their IP's BANNED FROM OUR SERVERS until a time they turn 18!
Joining our site you have agreed that you are 18 or over, lying about this, pretending to be older, posting stories/reviews etc WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!
So for two days I am issuing an Amnesty to those who are underage to bow out gracefully and have their accounts locked, because trust me when I say, if I find out you are here and have lied to gain entry to this site I will ban you without hesitation.
IF you are underage you MUST contact admin immediately regarding your account.
Edit to add: We are not required to email you if your account has been suspended after the two days amnesty, and we won't be. So if you find your account suspended or you are unable to access our site, you can pretty much guarantee it's from your own lack of respect for our rules.
Once again, it is time for my yearly reminder about submission and site rules. All authors and readers need to read and follow the rules. In particular, we all need to pay attention to the following:
1. You MUST have a beta.
2. You MUST have a disclaimer.
All of the admins on this site truly want all authors to be posted to the archive, but if the submission and site rules are not followed, it cannot happen. With the number of submissions that come to us on a regular basis, we cannot correct the submissions and/or add the disclaimer. That being said, continue sending in your submissions...we love it!! Just remember the rules are there to make the process easier for all of us. If you have any questions or concerns, as usual, please feel free to contact an admin and we will help you out to the best of our ability.
In my working absence, I've missed a couple of birthdays...
So HAPPPPY BIRTHDAY to LadyLynn and to bookofsecrets!
Now in honour of their most special day I'm allowing them to take over the featured for the next two weeks so Merlin help us all... LOL
Just a little bit of info on LadyLynn is one of our founding members, in fact I remember hounding her over and over with requests to join and heaping praise on her, in an attempt to get her to join lol and she did so yay us! :D
So here are LadyLynn's featured-
Hunted by Mirrorjdyn
The Dragon's Bride by rizzle
Her Shoes by Margaritama
Survivor by atruwriter
Necessary by the Order by Serade Black
Evanescent Memory by Ravenesque
A Living History by MistressMalfoy (awwwwww lol)
Darkest Desires by Lupinswolfie
The Life and Times of Denebola Black by ladyLynn
To all of our wonderful authors and members who are mothers, moms, mums or mums-to-be have a wonderful Mother's Day!
It is a hard job and you deserve the day and the recognition!
With love from:
Mistress Malfoy, sirsevchick, Lupinswolfie, bookofsecrets, and valady_42
So it's that time of year again when I get all excited about challenges and force everyone to participate (lol not really force)
Our newest challenge will be The Seasons (and we have a poll currently to decide which Era we will focus on) But the general gist of the challenge will be similar to the Cliche Challenge we ran last year.
We will issue prompts at the forums, you will choose which prompt you'd like to do, it will then be crossed off the list.
Now to make it fun, everything will be anonymous so no one but the organisers will be aware of who has chosen what. Then after the due in date passes, we will hold a vote at our live journal community and the winners will get a prize (not sure what yet though).
If anyone has any comments or suggestions, please leave them here :)
EDIT: Just a quick note that Malfoy Manor will be running its own challenge at the same time with the same rules :) you can enter both or just one! :) But visit Malfoy Manor for all your Malfoy Men goodies!
What can I say except- IT WILL NOT BE TOLERATED! Any user (and I mean ANY) found (By admin) to be blatantly flaming or rude to an author for no particular reason other than to be an ARSE will be banned instantly!
We do not have a community that encourages hurtful comments and most of our authors are like family to us. I will not allow anyone on this site to be used as a punching bag by a reviewer.
And I know it is easy to say 'Just delete the review' but that isn't the point. Part of our rules state we don't not allow flaming of any person, in reviews, emails or the forums.
Flaming is bullying and a disgusting way for someone to hurt another's self esteem and to bring them down to their level.
Banning explained: Generally rule breakings come with staggered bans, eg: One week for violating banner sizes etc but flaming is an instant ban, forever! There are no second chances because your IP will be put in our database of banned IP's from the server, which means you'll never be able to access our site again. This may seem harsh and I agree, but you cannot be constructive with rude behaviour.
We would like to welcome a brand new affiliate to the family!
Dramione Fic/Art Recs is a new site set up by one of our members elyaeruand I would encourage any and all Dramione fans to check it out. There is a viewer review system for rating stories and is going to be huge!!
Follow the link :D http://dhr.accio.nu
Happy Easter to all our members! We hope you have a safe and happy (meaning lots of chocolate) long four day weekend! Enjoy and we look forward to seeing you all after the break!
Love MistressMalfoy, sirsevchick, Valady, Lupinswolfie and bookofsecrets xox
We are pleased to announce that our newest archive is open for business and now accepting all Malfoys pairing with Hermione!!
On behalf of all our staff, I would like to wish Lupinswolfie and her darling husband our most heartfelt congratulations on the birth of their beautiful baby daughter Danica! (I will have more details when I get the history off my mobile msn)
We are so very proud of you Lupins and send all our love and good wishes your way.
We love you lots!!!
MistressMalfoy and the GE Team
p.s In honour of Lupins wonderful news we are putting her stories up for featured along with all the wonderful ones for the week!!
The lovely admins and I have gotten together this week to pick some stories we'd like featured, whether it be for amazing writing, wonderful characterisations or that we think it's an amazing story that just isn't getting any love from our faithful readers! So enjoy our picks and feel free to comment :D
- Descending into Obscurity by sbrande
- The Iceberg by DameNeant
- Never say Never by not4you
- Actions Speak Louder Than Words by Vedra42
- The Reason by Akshaya
- In One Frame by littlesev
We are very proud to help pimp out the Hermione Big Bang challenge on Live Journal.
To check out the rules click the banner below :)
We are now taking suggestions over at the forums for category names for Malfoy Manor :D
Please leave all comments over there :D
Malfoy Manor Suggestions
Thank you to Punkindoodle for all the work she's done over the years, all the time she's put into validating, submissions and being a wonderful Admin.
Love to you and your family my dear friend!
And now onto the other news :)
Welcome to Valady, our newest Admin, she has some big shoes to fill but I don't doubt for a second she is more than up to the task. So please join me in welcoming our friend Valady to the hot seat.
Good Luck Valady!
Now I hate to be the one to do this, but unfortunately it must be done.
First let’s start off with disclaimers...
A disclaimer must be complete with the following: The characters and canon situations in the following story belong solely to JK Rowling. I am not making any money from the publishing or writing of this story.
This disclaimer will now be standard across the board, if your story does not have this or something similar to this denouncing your ownership and that you’re not making any money then your story will be rejected without question.
AMENDMENT:- THIS ONLY APPLIES TO NEWLY SUBMITTED STORIES!
Rejection is a common thing- you can be rejected for many reasons but the biggest is quality.
Recently we've had dozens of complaints of the level of fiction we are allowing into our site, which in the past was known as a site for quality well written stories that did not resemble ff.net at all (not that there is anything wrong with ff.net)
So we are tightening our belts and not every story will be accepted (even if there are no errors)
Why do we have to do this?
Simply we want quality fiction, we want to be unique and not just another archive. And if that means less stories in the recent addition list then so be it.
I don't think it's fair my story was rejected because of quality when I think it's good!
While we appreciate you submitting your fic, we don't have to accept it just because you think it's good. We reserve the right to reject any story on any basis (see submission rules) and for the good of the community and its continued survival we need to be careful what we allow into the archive.
I was rejected for something simple like a canon error why did this happen?
We live by JK's writing ie: canon spellings must be correct! Don't send mean emails to our submissions witches because you've made a mistake because it will not be tolerated, nor will resubmitting a story after it's been rejected with the same errors, because if you do your story won't be accepted at all.
I was rejected, your submissions witches said it was because I needed a beta. But I have one! This isn't fair!
Just because someone says they are a beta, doesn't make them qualified to edit your story. A qualified beta is one who has a badge (PI etc) If you want to choose a new beta go to the forums or click the PI badge, located on the Enchants skin in links.
Well I have a beta but their suggestions were rubbish, I shouldn't have to change my story because they said so.
Perhaps it's time to change your beta? A good beta will make suggestions not say you have to. However in saying that, a beta is only out for your best interest and will try to help, a good beta will not stop at fixing your grammar and punctuation but will comment on story development, plot holes and stories that are too wordy. Take everything your beta tells you seriously, more often than not they are complying with submission rules and trying to make your story better.
My story is already published at other archives without any troubles, why am I getting grief now?
Granger Enchanted like many others, is a quality controlled archive. A lot of archives allow you to simply submit your story and it will be accepted without question, we want to maintain a higher level so have moderation in place.
How come my first chapter was accepted but my second and third were rejected?
Flow is extremely important with plots. Your first chapter might have wowed everyone but the second and third might not be up to your usual standard. Our submission witches are passionate about quality and strive to be consistent; they might feel your chapters need a bit of work to get them up to previously reached standards. So don’t take offence, just read over their suggestions or go back over your original chapters, they might be on to something. If this is simply a one shot and you have been published before, the previous applies, your usual standards might be missing from your next one shot and submission witches are only trying to be helpful.
Why was I only given twenty four hours to add a disclaimer or fix my mistakes? That is really unfair!
Why it might seem like a short time to fix your story, most authors expect to be published within the day, do us the same courtesy of fixing your story within the alloted time.
Why am I only allowed three chapters in twenty four hours? I want to submit my entire story at once!
You have to give other stories a chance to be on the main recent list, with more exposure. Be fair to your fellow authors and only submit three chapters per twenty four hours.
Remember the lines of communication are always open and you are more than welcome to email your submissions witch with questions and comments. And if something is really troubling you, feel free to contact me as I will do my best to resolve any issues you may have.
Kind regards and happy writing!
MistressMalfoy and the Enchanted Admin Team.
Hi everyone and just a quick note on the forums!
We have a brand spanking new Beta section! That's right you can find all your betaery needs at Owl Post.
1. You can request your own beta
2. Find a qualified beta
3. Offer yourself as a beta!
The link to the forums can be found on the bottom left hand side of the archive under 'Owl Post'
That after weeks of indecision I've finally decided to reopen the forums. The security is tight :D and they look quite pretty so feel free to join :)
You can find the link in the 'links' menu bottom left hand side under 'Owl Post'
I hope you enjoy! :D
Most of you know we have just had the worst fires in our history with the death toll tipped to reachover 200 with 6000 people homeless, countlessinjuries, loss of homes, pets, family members, nature and wild animals (did you all see Sam the Koala? She's doing fine too)
So we implore each and every one of you to dig deep, even if you aren't Australian, every dollar counts.
To give go to redcross.org.au and click 'Victorian Bush Fire Appeal'
Our thoughts are love are with each and every person affected by this horrible freak of nature.
MistressMalfoy, proud to be Australian.
p.s so far Australians on their own have raised over sixty million dollar!
Hi guys!Just a quick note to let everyone know we have two new staff beginning in the next few days, both shall remain anonymous until they want to be named heh thanks to everyone who applied and if you didn't receive an email, unfortunately you didn't make it to the next round.
Challenge link can now be found on the Enchant skin, between ratings and top tens up there ^^^^^^ and is named Enchanting Challenges! :D
Just a quick note on
1.Categories: all stories are allowed ONE main category each, just one, because if you put it in multiple main categories, it messes with our category counts, and it hard for people to find stories relating to pairings. Eg:- A Dramione story would go in Malfoy Manor then Dramione as a sub category. Your story must be put in the category to which the majority pairing is written, eg: If you story is a Harmione story but there is a bit of Dramione action in there, it must go in Harmione category. We do not allow multiple categories, (so please keep this in mind when uploading to the archive) Also...if our submission witches email you asking to restrict yourself to one category, please do not get angry at them. They are volunteers and I look after the girls and they do their best, a kind request should always be met with a kind response.
2. Vday challenges: if you want your story featured and put into the challenge it must go in Challenges- Valentine’s Day 2009 :)
3. Disclaimers are still not being put on stories. This is our most major rule, we must must must have disclaimers on all our stories, because the characters do not belong to us :)
4. If you submit a story a beta must have read over it and their corrections taken under advisement, refusing to use a beta and submitting your story 'raw' will quite probably result in a rejection.
5. And thank you to everyone who replied to our staff request! We have been overwhelmed with responses and are currently sifting through them, those who have made it to the next round, will hear from us shortly.
Hi everyone! It's that time of year and that means our annual staff call! As we get closer to the release of HBP at the cinema, our workload is increasing and the amount of stories we get submitted astronomical! :D
The following positions have become available:
1. Submissions Witch (Enchanted- Two Positions)
2. Submissions Witch (Pure Arrogance- One Position)
3. Advertiser 'Pimper' (for our new pairings) (Pure Arrogance- One Position)
Jobs two and three can be combined if you are interested.
Anyone wanting to apply should send an email with the subject heading SUBMISSIONS WITCH! to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you an application form.
Hi guys sorry it's a little bit late but I hope the prompts will more than make up for it :D
So here are the rules and some information for you! AND CAN NOW ALSO BE FOUND IN THE MENU LINK CALLED ENCHANTING CHALLENGES
1. All stories must be over 1000 words.
2. Only completed stories will be accepted (No unfinished wips!)
3. All stories must be in by February 13th (midnight)
4. Your story must contain at least one prompt and your story should reflect that prompt.
5. This is just for fun! :D
6. All stories will be put in our featured section until the 20th February.
7. All stories should be put in 'Challenges' then 'Valentine's Day Challenge'
8. All site rules still apply, G rated summaries,disclaimers etc.
Now onto the prompts!!!
- 1. All she wanted was a kiss, but with the absence of mistletoe she had to think outside the box
- 2. She agreed to let him paint her...but where was the canvas?
- 3. It was like she was in a fairytale...a lamp...a genie and three wishes to make her Valentine’s Day magical
- 4. Every year it was the same, friends, workmates, family all showered with gifts and flowers while she got nothing...but this year it was different, just who is her mystery admirer?
- 5. They were forbidden, their love hidden from the world, but for this one day a year, nothing else mattered but their feelings for each other.
- 6. How do you tell a werewolf no on Valentine’s Day?
- 7. Hermione sets out to ensure this Valentine ’s Day will end with a proposal of the marriage kind.
- 8. She wouldn’t have minded the twins turning her that god awful shade of Purple it was the counter curse that bothered her.
- 9. It was her routine...a bottle of good wine, a bag of chocolates from Harrods and a good book, so the last thing she wanted was to be disturbed by the most annoying wizard on the planet...especially with what he had in mind.
- 10. A camera...a beer and a red rose...Adrian Pucey was the most persuasive wizard she had ever met.
- 11. Quidditch had never been her favourite thing to watch...that is until the right wizard came along and made the sport into a sensual art form.
- 12. She drew the short straw and had to stay back at work on Valentine’s Day, but then she found him, also alone and needing comfort on the most romantic day of the year.
- 13. She had never paid attention to Auror Robes before...that was until the Boy Who Conquered made them look so lovely.
- 14. Drunk on Valentine’s Day, Hermione casts a spell to find a wizard and ends up getting someone she never expected.
The Lucius/Hermione exchange is now open and taking signups right now!
You can find the exchange, run by GE's Livejournal co-admin Valady at THIS LOCATION!
Ohhh if it isn't everyone's favourite time of the year! :D
Our next challenge will begin in the next few days and will of course be valentines day themed!
I look forward to reading everyone's entries.
p.s if anyone wants to see my HP picture holiday (lol) go to my lj for a giggle
Mistress Malfoy and the entire Granger Enchanted staff want to wish all of the wonderful authors and readers a happy, safe and prosperous New Year !!
I can scarcely believe that it has been two years since the conception of my beautiful site. From our humble beginnings of ten amazing authors, my constant begging in reviews of others to join, long hours pimping at various places and almost giving myself a heart attack when people actually started to join - to now, still the only successful Hermione Centric Adult FF site on the web, to thousands of loyal and darling members, dedicated staff on all our sites, the live journal pages (you girls are fantastic!)including the now defunct forums, and who can forget the amazing graphics girls, who keeps the site looking so beautiful (you know how much I love you seriously)
On a personal note- to sirsevchick my right hand witch, to Lupinswolfie my left hand (lol) to Punkindoodle, the captain at Pure Arrogance, to Shay, the best designer I have ever encountered, to Jackie for always being there for tech support and for her enormous help during the time we were hacked. To all our staff, past and present you are all fantastic!
Then of course it's our wonderful authors, who without this site would never have gotten off the ground. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart. To those few who were our founding members, you guys were the glue that not only held me together but kept the site afloat and for that you will always be number one with me!
To everyone who has even had the smallest input over the past two years, you will always be a friend to me.
So... HAPPPPY BIRTHDAY GRANGER ENCHANTED! Two years young and still going mighty strong!!
Also I wish each and every one of you a fantastic Christmas, a fabulous Hanukkah and a safe and happy holiday.
p.s I am going away for three weeks starting Christmas day, enchantedadmin email will still be active and forwarded to sirsevchick who in my absence is in control *shivers* LOL
Hello my darlings! Just a quick note about submissions over the hols.
You can still submit your stories but the black out periods for validating are as follows-
24th-27th Of December
30th to 2nd of January
Now you can still submit your stories during this time but they will not be validated until after our witches have a MUCH needed break!
So please be patient, any emails asking why your story has not been validated will not be answered. (Sorry)
Also while I am jetsetting (lol) around Europe, sirsevchick will be my replacement. All emails to enchantedadmin address will be answered by her, if you need to send me a personal email, do so through here via the contact author button, or if you know my email just send me lol
Hi everyone and it is that time of year again! CHRISTMAS!! Which means our annual Christmas challenge!
The rules are simple and as follows.
1. Pick one prompt to work with.
2. The ending must be happy!!!! (Come on guys this is Christmas, low on angst high on HAPPY!)
3. All entries must be in and COMPLETED by December 25th 2008, we will not be accepting WIPS unless they are in and completed by Christmas day.
4. All regular submission rules apply.
5. When submitting your story choose Category- Challenges Sub Category- Christmas 08 then do the regular, characters etc.
6. This challenge will not be anonymous as it is just for fun, every participant will get a banner for entering the challenge.
7. You can post your story to other archives, journals as this isn't a competition but we would appreciate a link or mention that it is for the challenge!
8. Minimum word requirement is 1000, maximum is totally up to you!
Thanks to my wonderful bb, wickedswanz or not only single handedley brought back my mojo in about fifteen seconds but also helped with the prompts! lol
SO on to the prompts!!
1. The one gift she wanted was never under the tree...except this year it came by special delivery, wrapped in a big red bow
2. Their blood didn't matter in the magic that was Christmas.
3. Who knew Mistletoe could be used in such an interesting fashion
4. Everyone else was getting presents and she was locked in a broom closet with the one wizard who she wanted to hex into oblivion.
5. Christmas is the darkest part of her year, who could possibly show her that Her bad memories are past and that he is her Christmas gift forever.
6. Christmas was about family...so why was she doing everything in her power to ruin hers, with the one wizard who could taint her for life.
7. Everyone thought he was dead. But for this one special Christmas, he is very much alive and all hers.
8. Hermione gets what she wants for Christmas, the one man she's always thought was out of reach.
9. She was happy with one, but getting two made all her Christmas wishes come true.
10. The night was perfect, friends and family gathering around the yule log. But for two guests the night is nothing but tense longing for the one who is forbidden.
11. It's Christmas and as always the Loving Weasleys jump through hoops to make Hermione feel welcome. But what if on this night she doesn't want to be part of the family, in fact she would like one or two particular redheads to see her as something quite the opposite.
Once again, it is that time of the year when we pay homage to our fearless leader. The Mistress was born ? years ago on November 20. I am sure that all of our wonderful authors and members will join me and the rest of the administrative staff to wish Mistress a Happy, Happy Birthday!!
As I slowly bring the site back to its former glory I found myself missing the affiliates pages. So we are now taking submissions for anyone wishing to become an affiliate to Granger Enchanted.
Now this is free, but I should warn you that I will be combing through the content of your site and although ours is an adult site, your page doesn't have to be. In fact it can be practically about anything but there is two conditions...
1. The site MUST be a domain owned by you or permission given to you to pimp the site. We will not accept fansites on geocities or ISP given webspaces.
2. You must feature somewhere on your site (preferably the affiliates page) a button of ours in return. We won't pimp your site if you don't do ours! *smiles* sound fair? Comment here (members only!) and I'll pop you an email.