Let me say this once, and only once! Any users found to have plagiarised a story (I don't care if you're the most popular down to a brand spanking new author), you will be BANNED instantly! No questions asked.
Do not think we allow plagiarised stories in this archive, because we do not.
Do not pass the hard work of others, off as your own. Especially when said author is published in this archive!
And when I say ban, I mean banned across the board, every archive, forum, server, EVERYTHING!
It. Will. Not. Be. Tolerated!
Now my rant is over...we have some wonderful new stories in the archive recently, so read up!
Due to a recent spate of spamming, anyone wishing to contact any of the GE email accounts will not be able to use GMAIL. You may still register with this email but if you wish to contact admin or anything regarding help, jobs et cetera, gmail accounts will not be downloaded from our server.
Please use either, yahoo, hotmail or your ISP account.
I'm very excited to tell you all that we've had our first entry into the Pure Arrogance Prompt Challenge!
Hydrotherapy by anonymous (of course) NC17
Now we are aware of the popup adult thingy problem:D and there is an easy way around it.
1. Check to make sure you're 'I am over 18' is checked in your preferences/bio
2. Click okay to the I am over 18 popup
3. It will take you to a page with the warning on it again (click the second line of the warning) and it will take you to the story!
Just a reminder to all who wish to enter the challenge! :D You still have plenty of time to get your entries in and make sure you check out the great entries we have already, in the featured section above the news.
Here is the challenge info once again for you! :D
Diabolical Death Eaters!
Welcome to the first anonymous Enchanted Prompt challenge. The rules are simple and as follows:-
1. All submissions will be anonymous until after the voting is completed and winners announced.
2. Authors will submit stories to challenges at grangerenchanted.com
3. All stories must have seen a beta before submitting to our Challenge Witch.
4. Rejection will occur for the following:- missing disclaimer, no beta, missing information in regards to Title, Summary, Genre, Category etc.
5. Minimum word count is 1500 words up to no limit.
6. You may choose one or many of the prompts listed.
7. For a comprehensive list of Death Eaters then CLICK HERE (thanks to the HP Lexicon)
8. Ratings can range from G-NC17
9. All first chapters should be in by June 7th.
Prompts are as follows...
1. Whilst searching for the Horcruxes Hermione finds herself inexplicably drawn to Harry and his torment. She seeks to soothe his pain and ends up with more than she bargained for. (Dark DE Harry)
2. What should have happened at Malfoy Manor. Harry and Ron are saved by Dobby who is unable to help Hermione; she is given to Fenrir as a prize.
3. The Dark Lord has won and all Muggleborns are gifted to his most faithful. Lucius is elevated to the role of second in command and chooses Hermione as Draco’s 18th Birthday present.
4. A Death Eater (anyone you choose) has formed an unnatural attachment to a certain Mudblood. He wants her and will do whatever it takes to have his feelings reciprocated.
5. Harry notices the change in Hermione and her sudden unexplained disappearances. He follows her and falls into the seductive world of Dark Magic with his best friend and a Death Eater as his tutor.
6. Under the pain of the Cruciatus Hermione displays her first Wandless magic and Disapparates away, landing in Knockturn Alley and into the warm arms of the enemy.
7. Hermione finds out a dangerous secret someone from the Order is keeping and finds herself at his mercy as he desperately tries to keep his lies hidden. (Any member of the Order who will indeed be a Death Eater)
8. Hermione falls victim to a spell that encourages her to seek out the one wizard who would kill her before she even reached his front door.
9. Forced to marry one she hates Hermione finds herself in a strange new world of Purebloods.
10. Draco lied to save her life so she would lie to save his. Hermione forces herself to save a boy who has lived a life full of darkness and now needs her to bring him light.
11. Hermione would do anything for Harry, including giving herself to a Death Eater to gain information to help them win the war.
12. Hermione is abducted during the war by Death Eater’s and has her memory erased. She is given to the Dark Lord’s ‘conditioner’ who is instructed to teach her in the dark arts so she could be one of them. Slowly she regains her memory and is torn between the life she knew and the life she is meant to be living.
13. As a member of the Order, Hermione must infiltrate a well known Death Eater/Junior meeting place/bar/ and use her feminine wiles to seduce them. Her task? Transport them to Order/Azkaban/Ministry. But what happens when she happens across a Death Eater who matches her in skill, intelligence and cunning and she cannot deny her attraction to him.
- This challenge will run from April Seventh to June Seventh so again please do not post your stories to other archives and limit the people you have check it for you. We want to keep this challenge anonymous and it will not work if you post elsewhere and reveal who you are to everyone. :)
- Again email challenges @ grangerenchanted.com for submissions. All submissions will appear under the Pen Name of EnchantingChallenges.
- After the challenge is over stories will be transferred to your account name.
- Voting will again appear on the GE livejournal and commence after June 7th.
- Please bear with us on the challenge as it is new to all of us and there might be a few kinks we need to iron out.
Hello my darlings!
Well yet again we have a couple of want ads for your perusal. Anyone interested in applying for these positions should contact enchantedadmin at grangerenchanted dot com.
1. Advertisers or 'pimpers' for Pure Arrogance which is our Malfoy/Black and Lestrange Centri Archive (including Hermione pairings as Lumione, Dramione) with slash pairings (Draco/Harry, Draco/Blaise, Lucius/Severus) and Het pairings (Draco/Ginny, Lucius/Narcissa etc)
If anyone is interested in this position and is into any of these pairings (it helps if you are aware of authors in the fandom that write beautiful stories with these pairings to invite over) Please contact enchantedadmin at grangerenchanted dot com with WANTED AD! in the subject header.
2. Advertisers or 'pimpers' for We Solemnly Swear... our Marauders Centric Archive. Pairings range from Remus/Sirius to Severus/Lily with all HET and Slash pairings included. Again if you are interested please contact enchantedadmin at grangerenchanted dot com with WANTED AD in the subject header.
3. Submissions witches (with beta experience preferably PI accredited but not necessary) for the newest archive opening soon which is Hermione Centric ALL AGES. We know a lot of the GE family want to join but cannot because they are under 18. So this archive will not have any ratings higher than a Mature rating and you will need to be at least 15 to join. This site will have zero graphic NC17 material and will not accept anything over the Mature rating. It will be a moderated archive with no pre validated authors.
Again if you are interested please contact enchantedadmin at grangerenchanted dot com with WANTED AD in the subject header.
I wanted to let everyone know that I have finally finished graduate school. The amount of support I have recieved from everyone from this site has been amazing. I want to especially thank MistressMalfoy--Jodes, you have listened to my ranting and whining for the past year. From the minute we started to the very end. Words cannot express how you have helped through this process. I don't know what else I can say that truly lets you know how much I appreciate you. Valady--my late night psycho-analyst....need I say more? Finally, TomFeltonIsKindaHot and LuciannaMalfoy-thank you for taking the time to read some of my papers and letting me know that I wrote stuff that everyone could read. I love you all!!!!
They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
Lest We Forget...
Today we celebrate Anzac Day, for those non Aussie/Kiwis it is a holiday to celebrate the anniversary of the first major battle fought with the Australia New Zealand Army Corps. Gallipoli is a sacred place for Anzac day and every year thousands of New Zealanders and Australians alike flock to the beach to remember our brave soldiers. Please take a minute silence to honour those brave souls who fought for our countries. If anyone would like to read up about our brave soldiers then click HERE
For a little while we'll be featuring the entries into the Diabolical Death Eater Challenge. You can find those in 'Featured' or under the pen name EnchantingChallenges.
All submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the template available on the prompt page. HERE
Hi guys, you might notice a few different things while logging in to the archive today and I'm excited and with much thanks to Jacci who has per usual held my hand and listened to my whines.
CHANGES ARE ONLY VISIBLE (until tomorrow) ON THE ENCHANTS SKIN
1. The main menu news is smaller now with links going to the news rather than the whole thing on display.
2. For Opera and IE users we have a main page login box located underneath the Site Info. I've yet to figure out why it isn't working for firefox.
3. Featured Enchants have been moved across to the right menu so our wonderful stories do not get forgotten about :D
4. We have a random story feature that is between the recent list and the art in the left hand menu.
First I have to say thank you to everyone who has helped me out in organising and giving their ideas to this new challenge. It was a bit of work setting it up but I'm extremely pleased on how it's turned out.
I present you... DIABOLICAL DEATH EATERS
A few questions that I know will be asked so I'm pre-empting :D
How will things be different this time?
Answer:- All submissions will be emailed and our anonymous account EnchantingChallenges will post and will remain anonymous until after the voting has commenced and finished.
Why can't I submit under my own pen name?
Answer:- We want to remain fair to everyone, including new writers. So we'll be keeping it anonymous for this round just to see how things go.
Why have you given us prompts?
We're maturing as a site and with that comes more mature challenges. Prompts are an excellent way to stretch your writing abilities and try something you might not normally. You will still have full artistic license and able to work the prompt in whichever way you choose. The Prompt is there as a guideline or a idea maker if you will :D
Who do we email for the submissions?
challenges @grangerenchanted.com is the official challenge email. The person using that account will remain anonymous to everyone except me.
Why can't I submit my story to other archives?
The whole point of this challenge being anonymous is to give everyone the same chance in winning the challenge. It might not seem like much but recognition can be a big buzz for an author. So we'd prefer you not submit to any other archives until the voting is over. We'd ask you limit yourself to one or two people when discussing your story and not show all your friends before it gets posted (that's exactly the same as posting it at other archives)
I don't like this idea, what can I do about it?
To be honest it's far too hard to appease everyone and this is the easiest route to go to keep the majority happy. If the anonymous posting doesn't go well then we'll discuss other options after this challenge has completed. If the challenge doesn't feel quite right to you then you're under no obligation to respond.
Can I answer my reviews?
Unfortunately not until voting is over and the story transferred back to your account.
Can I choose more than one prompt?
Certainly but it must be believable and not thrown together haphazardly because you like two prompts :D
Can I substitute a Prompt character with one of my own? For example Dark!Harry can I have Ron instead?
Character centric prompts were created for that specific prompt and won't be changed.
If you choose one of the senior Death Eater prompts, Hermione must be 18, no exceptions!
Any other questions? Comment here or email.
Wow what a haul in the nominees for the Quill to Parchment Awards! I am floored by the sheer amount of authors from our site that have made it on the list. All I can say is well done and good luck to everyone!!
The nominees are as follows:-Best Author
Most Prolific Author
Boys Do It Better: Best Slash
Because We Want It So: Best Fanon Het
The Love you Take by Subversa
Because Everybody Needs Love: Best Rare Pairing
Heart and Soul by sshg316 (Draco/Luna)
Because we all gotta cry: Best Angst!Fic
Best Alternate Reality.
The Love you Take by Subversa
When Worlds Collide: Best Cross-Over
Everybody Has a Dark Side: Best Dark!Fic
Somtimes, you just want to feel good: Best Fluffy Fic
Heart and Soul by sshg316
Bring The Funny: Best Humor Fic
Bewitchments and Charms by sshg316
The Love you Take by Subversa
3 Turns Should Do It: Best Time Travel
Where Do We Go From Here?: Best Post-War
Bewitchments and Charms by sshg316
The Betrayal by sshg316
You have made us all proud with your excellent writing and even being acknowledged. I look forward to voting and seeing the winners! Good Luck again to all!
MistressMalfoy and The GE Team!
First let me say Congratulations to all that entered and how impressed (proud) I am of the quality of fiction that resulted from this challenge. I am sincerely blown away by the efforts of our amazing authors and I hope it encourages more to participate! (You are all fabulous and we adore you!)
So the winners and the runners up as follows:-
Scifichick (20 votes)
Punkindoodle (17 votes)
LadyLynn (22 votes)
Astralangel (12 votes)
mandyjg (24 Votes)
juls (15 votes)
Drivelicious (20 Votes)
ssdawn (13 votes)
LuciannaMalfoy (16 Votes)
Svelte Rose (14 votes)
Bloodfaerie (17 Votes)
Tasharose (15 Votes)
Aleisha Potter (10 Votes)
Runners up. (4 Votes)
The following will receive banners for their entries based on their competition not submitting a story. 1. tarrariddle for Ho!Mione.
2. GenericWit for Apprentice!Hermione.
3. Aleisha Potter for Affair!Hermione.
4. AlexisRose for I'm Head Girl!
(To prevent any complications, each individual vote has a screenshot log with names blacked out for privacy)
Edit:- Yes our next challenge will be anonymous. The Cliche challenge was too difficult to organise anonymously, giving that the Cliche claims were public.
Yes! It's that time again :D for the Challenge voting! 1. All voting will commence on the GE Livejournal (you don't have to own an account to vote) 2. One Vote per person per category! 3. Please vote on story quality not because the entrant is your friend. 4. Enjoy the stories!!
Voting ends March 18th Midnight AEST.
EDIT TO ADD:- ANYONE WHO IS HAVING TROUBLE VOTING REPLY TO THE LJ POST with YOUR VOTES. ALL COMMENTS ARE SCREENED FOR PRIVACY.
Don't forget our new Challenge Double Double Toil and Trouble is now up and accepting entries!CHALLENGE HERE!
Also this next month is one of our original Author's birthdays! DJ Stroake is celebrating her 30th birthday and has issued a challenge!! :D You can find that:-DJ's Challenge HERE
Hello everyone and it's time for our next challenge! (Whilst we're waiting for the stragglers :D )
In celebration of the Weasley Twins impending birthday (April 1st) we're issuing a Fred and George challenge!!
Entries should be in by April First!
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE CHALLENGE!
(This one is a bit of fun and not so serious so have a good time with it!)
As per usual make sure once you've submitted your entry that you 'Respond to the challenge' and choose your story that is the challenge entry or it won't be counted!
Hello my lovelies,
A new poll is up courtesy of the delightful sirsevchick :D and we want your opinions!
1. A new all ages HG centric Archive aimed at the younger audience. This will be a non adult archive with absolutley no smut at all! (I know shocking right?) Rating will go from G-M with a mature rating being for language and possibly alluded to intimacy.
2. Revamping our original site of http://grangerenchanted.com into something exciting and fresh. This will still be aimed at the HP universe but with a more hopeful and lighter feel to it. We are hoping for a newspaper kind of look with featured writers every month, articles from our gossip writers and classifieds!
3. A fan fiction exchange. These have been running successfully on Live Journal for years now and we thought it would be a nice change from the challenges to have an anonymous exchange on the archive for our authors. Basically you ask for a ship, we pair you with an author wanting to write that ship and you get another author's request. A big old gift exchange!
4. Reader request featured author. Where the reader requests which authors they would like to see on our list!
So let us know how you feel about these options as I'm willing to work on all of them to make our little family a lot more fun :D
Kind Regards and happy reading,
Due to unforeseen circumstances, MistressMalfoy has decided to relinquish her banner and will no longer be participating in any challenges on this site. This gesture is made to honor all of the members of the site and to address any concerns that anyone has. I am totally serious about this next bit. If anyone and I mean ANYONE has any concerns about anything on the archive, please bring it to our attention immediately! Please contact the adminstrators directly with any concerns, questions or problems you may have. We are always open to discussion and would like to address any issues one on one before sending them to a public forum. This way, not only is your privacy protected, it also negates the possibility of people taking sides and feelings being hurt etc.That being said, we have:
VALENTINE'S DAY CHALLENGE WINNERS
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE FOLLOWING AUTHORS:
- First Place: AlexisRose with Cruel and Unusual Punishment AND Sirie with Messing With The Potions Master
- Second Place: MiZZ AmAyA with It's Love
We would like to welcome redneckmama to the fold as our newest wet behind the ears admin!
She joins our team of submission witches to bring you the highest quality fiction :) So be nice to her. Most of you (who frequent Elysium) will know her as the Queen of Slash and of course your resident Administrator, she is very sweet and patient with new authors and we are grateful for the time she's taking out of her life to volunteer at Enchanted.
We also welcome Curse Weaver back into the fold who was an original administrator at Granger Enchanted but left on Hiatus for a very long time (we missed her!) she is now one of two admins at the Forums . WELCOME BACK!
The great cliche challenge has six fantastic entries! And we are eagerly waiting the other fourteen so we can begin the vote :)
The forums have just opened a new board for our Author Mentor program. All budding authors should apply :)
We hope you have a lovely rest of February!
MistressMalfoy and your Enchanted Team.
Congratulations to the following for their places in the Valentine's Day Challenge.
- 1st Place :- AlexisRose with Cruel and Unusual Punishment AND Sirie with Messing With The Potions Master
- 2nd Place:- MiZZ AmAyA with It's Love
Don't forget to submit at least your first chapter by the Cliche challenge deadline or you will not be included in the vote!
YOU MUST HAVE A DISCLAIMER!!!
This is a basic rule of the site and of the submission guidelines. We have written news about this before, but YOU MUST HAVE A DISCLAIMER!!!
We apologise for the recent spate of downtime in regards to our archives and forums. Thank you to all of you for your support and if you wish to keep up to date in any down time or simply cannot access the site please pop over to the GE Live Journal which can be found HERE, (note the Live Journal is not locked and can be accessed by anyone so you do not need a LJ account to see our updates)
Kind Regards and Happy Reading,
MistressMalfoy and the GE Team.
What can I say except WOW to the response the cliché challenge received on the forums. You guys are wonderfully supportive! :D
Now all prompts have been claimed and we already have two stories posted!
Just a reminder to have at least your first chapter in by the deadline or I will put you over my knee! (Seriously I will)
Authors can respond HERE to the challenge.
Don't forget to vote for your favourite Be My Valentine story!! (voting ends February 21st)
Love to you all,
(btw we have some great new authors coming into the fold plus some older ones with fabulous stories, make sure you check out the recently added list and remember to add your favourite authors to your favourites!)
ATTENTION ALL AUTHORS!
You must be a member of the forums to claim a prompt!
Hi guys, just a quick reminder that there are only NINE days remaining to get your stories in for the Valentines day challenge. For multi chaptered you only need to have the first chapter in for contention.
Our next challenge is the Great Hermione Cliche challenge and will begin February 15- March 10th.
This time the rules are going to be a little different and here's how....
1. There will be a list of ten popular Hermione cliches.
2. Only two authors may do a cliche on the list.
3. February Tenth (AEST) in the forums I will be releasing the ten cliches, authors must PM me, MistressMalfoy (on the forums) and claim a cliche prompt.
4. For example :- If the cliche is 'Hermione is a Pureblood' you would pm me with your author name and the cliche.
5. We will then write your name next to the cliche and then only one other author can claim the same plot.
Now I hear you asking...why are you doing this Mistress?
Well that's simple!
We don't want the entire challenge clogged with the exact same story. We want you to think outside your comfort zone and write something you normally wouldn't, perhaps a pairing you've never really considered.
All of the previous challenges have produced amazing stories, most pairings hadn't yet been tackled by the author. We want you to live a little dangerously, write something that tempts your taste buds and frightens you at the same time :D
If anyone has any questions about the cliche challenge please feel free to email me at enchantedadmin @ grangerenchanted dot com, please include the challenge as your subject line (emails without subjects get deleted automatically) or alternatively, private message me at the forums!
I do not know how often we are supposed to say this and I am getting to hate this little broken record.
YOU MUST BE 18 TO JOIN OUR ARCHIVES! There is no exception in this, none at all!
G/PG fics are purposefully left unrestricted so you can read those, by joining our site and blatantly lying about your age you are not only condemning yourself but the owners of your server, possibly even your parents.
We have had several people look into this for us and rest assured it won't be us who finds themselves on the wrong side of the law. It will be you!
Our disclaimers and rules applying to age leave us without any responsibility in the matter. If you are found to be underage and accessing any of our archives there is a no tolerance policy and your IP will be banned from our domain instantly. If you choose to keep trying to access our boards we will contact your ISP for illegal use by a minor.
We wish to keep this site operating with safe environment and children are not welcome! Children:- we define as anyone being under the age of 18. Hence why we are submitted to several net nanny programs and only allow those over the age of 18 to join.
This is a final warning to those using the site illegally. You may email admin within the next week and expect an amnesty on your account which will be deleted. You will not be reported nor will we take it any further than the emails.
To all of our wonderful members who continually keep our site safe and do not break rules we thank you for making our jobs easier and hope you continue to enjoy reading the wonderful fiction we have to offer you.
Third Week of Featured.
January 22nd- 29th
Hermione's New life by Nynaeve80 (Hermione/Viktor)
Questions of Science by AnasellaEmm (Hermione/Draco)
When Past and Present Collide by Rebecca Pierson (Hermione/Crossover Hermione/Draco)
Sway by EllaSeleneLupin (Hermione/Remus)
So that ends our three weeks of featured. We hope you've enjoyed these fics as much as we have and we look forward to seeing all the entries into the Valentine Day's Challenge!
It has recently come to my attention that our wonderful authors have been neglecting to put in disclaimers in their submissions. While we all understand that the plot is important, NOT getting sued is more important. Not only would the author be sued, but GE and all the admins would as well. This would also result in the site being shut down.
Please, please, please remember to put in your disclaimer and be sure to include that Harry Potter,all affiliated characters and the potterverse are owned by JKR and that you, the author are not making money from this endeavor.
The age disclaimer is also important as we do not want to be trafficking in child pornography. ANY submission with Hermione in a relationship with an older wizard/witch (i.e. Sirius, Lucius, Bellatrix etc.), must include the disclaimer that she is 18 or over. We don't care how it happens, just make sure that it happens.
Any submission without the necessary disclaimers will automatically be rejected. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
Thanks and Happy Writing!
Granger Enchanted has just refurbished it's popular forums. We have tonnes of places for everyone to chat or simply play a little game. Authors will be pleased to know we have a beta section, author resources and the newly opened Adoption Agency for adopting anything in Potter Verse.
Regular members will note that anyone over the age of 18 can now enjoy a different atmosphere with Knockturn Alley, unmoderated adult chat in several different categories.
We have a PG section for those not wanting to partake in the darker side of Potter/Fan Fiction with The Coffee Club and Diagon Alley (for advertisers)
Everyone should note by joining the Forums you will get up to date news from our mailing list and be the first to know about new jobs and what's happening on our great sites.
The forums welcome members from all four archives, Enchanted, Pure Arrogance, Elysium and We Solemnly Swear.
Your friendly admins are Dark Brett, MistressMalfoy and Curse Weaver, all ready to lend a hand and help out whenever you might need it.
Currently jobs going at the forums are moderators and advertisers.
So come and join our wonderful forums, have a chat, a giggle and perhaps adopt a furry animal!!! FORUM CAN BE FOUND HERE
MistressMalfoy, Punkindoodle, Lumiere and redneckmama :)
January 15th - 21st Featured
It's Right in Front of You by Darsynia (Hermione/Harry)
Eden by Obsessmuch (Hermione/Lucius ADULT)
Twinning by Minisinoo (Hermione/Fred/George)
Angel by Atruwriter
Hello lovelies :)
Thank you to everyone for voting and participating in the Christmas Challenge, the results were amazing and a lot of fun to read!
Chelle :- The Thirteen Nights of Christmas
MistressMalfoy :- In My Dreams...You Were Always Mine
Punkindoodle :- All I Want for Christmas is a Lap Dance
GenericWit:- Christmas in July
Congratulations to everyone who won and the wonderful participants!
Don't forget to get your entries in for the February Be My Valentine Challenge! Entries close February 13th.
THANKS TO Svelte Rose for her amazing banner work we love you!