I just wanted to post a quick note to thanks those who have already posted Birthday Fics for me. I feel incredibly special and I regret that I haven't been able to read any of them, bar one yet! :D I am currently working fulltime and have family staying with me for my birthday (which is in three days btw lol) But rest assured I will read them and I just know I will love them.
MistressMalfoy *feeling loved*
Sirsevchick, Lupinswolfie and Valady would like to present Mistress Malfoy, our wonderful founder with the gift of a birthday challenge.
This post will be a little longer than most, so please bear with us. Mistress is having a birthday on November 20, so what better way to honor our founder than with a challenge that celebrates the pairing that she loves so dearly. Without further ado, here is the...
MISTRESS MALFOY BIRTHDAY CHALLENGE 2009
***There is now a category in challenges***
Lumione, Harmione Adrian, Marcus, Cormac, Theo, Blaise, Remus, Sirius, James, Dramione (but only if she is cheating on Ron to be with him)
1. There must be a happy ending!
2. Angst is needed
3. Affair!Fic preferred but not needed
4. Hermione must be turning 30 and be feeling a little old
5. Can be dark
6. We know the lovely Mistress prefers the rarer pairs
7. The longer the better
8. While it does not need to be NC-17, it has to be mature
9. NEW! Deadline is indeed her birthday, Nov 20th.
10. ALSO NEW! She would prefer the works completed, but I assure you (somewhat) that she won't come after you with a pitchfork and fire if you're writing her a really long, really good WIP and it's not finished by then.
1. After the war things aren't as bright as Hermione had hoped, prejudice still runs rampant, she is a little on the bitter side and the only one willing to give her a chance, and a job is Lucius Malfoy, after a series of dead end jobs and little help from Harry and Ron.
2. She speaks up for Lucius in the aftermath of the war, he is strangely grateful to the filthy little witch who bested his son at every turn. The only way Lucius knows how to repay her, is not with kindness but to bring her into a world she could only dream of and never realized she wanted.
1. He would slip into her room when everyone else was sleeping, just to remember her touch, to feel her skin against his, he wanted to hold his dream, the one he thought would never come true.
2. Harry Potter, Head Auror, Boy who conquered, confident, powerful, except with Hermione, he always felt as if he was a bumbling fool whenever she was around. Will he be able to be the Boy who can tell her how he feels?
1. It amused him that the Mudblood was so besotted with her betters, but he'd be lying if he didn't admit that she was starting to crack the cold exterior of his heart.
2. He always thought her far above those fools she called friends so he decided one day, to show her just how much fun playing with a Pureblood could be
1. It irked him how much his closest friend talked about the Mudblood and how he wanted to destroy her, Blaise always wanted what others had and was determined to get into the witch's knickers and take what Draco never could.
1. Quidditch had never been his thing nor was pandering to what the Wizarding World expected of him, so the day Adrian Pucey laid down his wand and picked up a Muggle camera was liberating, especially when an old school 'chum' walked into his office, wanting a more exotic portrait.
1. Marcus had grown up being the 'dumb' one, and was ignored which was fine with him. It gave the wizard plenty of time to hone his craft...blackmail. He had left a string of sobbing witches in his wake, using information to get into the prettiest of panties. Then she came along, asleep in the bed of his greatest enemy; Draco Malfoy so he took her and made her his.
1. As soon as his finger, dipped in chocolate, disappeared between his lips, she was his.
2. They work together, compete against each other, fight each other, share a secret and.....a bed.
1. He bites her in the darkest depths of the night, marking her as his forever, he is ashamed but she loves him anyway.
Sirius, James, Remus, Draco, Lucius, Bill, Charlie, Fred,
1. The old cliche, Hermione is forced into marriage to save the dying wizarding world, but with a twist. (up to you!)
2. Hermione accidentally travels forward in time to find a world where Muggleborn witches are forced to marry Purebloods to survive (three years into the future) she is disgusted and horrified until she meets her not so distant future self- who tells her that the law was the brainchild of herself and Lucius Malfoy, who fell in love, wanted to marry but were refused due to his criminal history, they bribe and coerce the Wizengamot to bring forth a law to save the Wizarding World, which allowed them to be together. (This could be a perfect Dark!Hermione for those who like a challenge)
Any other pairings feel free to use what ever plot you would like to make Mistress Malfoy a happy happy birthday girl!
However, please be mindful of other author's intellectual property and as usual plagiarism and lack of beta and disclaimer will not be tolerated. If you are unsure about your plot, contact one of the admins and we will help you out. Oh and please no Draco/Ginny we all know that makes her sick LOL
Use your imagination and have a good time!!!
Love, Sirsevchick, Lupinswolfie and Valady
Congratulation Svelte Rose for a simply amazing tale and for winning the first Hermione Fuh-Q-Fest.
Now her prize!! (not money sorry lol)
First and only prize place gets to pick the featured stories for two weeks, including her own if she wants heh, a nifty Best In Fic Banner and of course the most important part bragging rights!! <3
Now onto the rest of us!!
To avoid confusion and people complaining (which I hope there is
zero) I have tallied all the points and included the minus points.
If you see your story with (EXAMPLE) 2 - 1 = 1 , then your story
received TWO votes, but one of them was disqualified due to multiple voting. The tally will be highest points to lowest (zero) points and the Author's name is in brackets at the end.
1. Defututa 6 -1= 5 Svelte Rose
2. His 5 -1 = 4 lilmisblack
2. Kairos 6 -2 = 4 cocoartist
In the Light of Day 4 -1 = 3 brandy01
Who Trumps Who 9 -6 = 3 Margaritama
A Heart at War = 2 OKDeanna
Feel Me 4 -2 = 2 FallenEve
Hideous Beauty = 2 MariaLynette
Just Friends = 2 Pelespen
Quidditch Through the Ages 4 -2 = 2 MistressMalfoy
Watch the World Burn 7 -5 = 2 Vickie
A Wolf's Seduction 2 -1 = 1 lilbitbord
An Unusual Profession = 1 helenesnape
Insanity = 1 Lupinswolfie
Lycanthropy = 1 brandy01
Red Knickers 7 -6 = 1 Drivelicious
Second Chances = 1 Magdalena
Sinned Against all Flesh = 1 SvelteRose
The Cradle Robber and the Cougar 3 -2 = 1 Drivelicious
We'll Have Eternity 2 -1 = 1 Ceredwen
Adieu Ma Cherie 2 -2 = 0 Olgameisterfunk08
Animus Caliga 2 -2 = 0 FallenEve
Cost of Victory = 0 Vickie
Giving In 2 -2 = 0 Pelespen
Missed Oppurtunity = 0 hp1fan
My Future Love 2 -2 = 0 Blood Faerie
On Your Knees 2 -2 r11; 0 Lupinswolfie
Shapeshifter = 0 Olgameisterfunk08
Stuck = 0 Laney
Third Time is the Charm 2 -2 = 0 Minervasrevenge
To talk Dirty 1 -1 = 0 MariaLynette
I would like to thank everyone in the FQF for participating (except the dunces who voted multiple times) I know you all had a good time, kept the excitement running hot and were very naughty and cheeky! LOL (yes I know!)
The stories were all fantastic and it never ceases to amaze me what wonderful and talented authors we have here at Enchanted. Well done to everyone!!!
I look forward to hosting the next FQF but before then- we will be having a Hermione Exchange!! Check the forums for news shortly!!
Voting has commenced in the First Hermione Fuh-Q-Fest!!
You may vote by visiting the Granger Enchanted Live Journal (you must be a member) rules are also stated there.
I wish I could say this news item was going to be nice but it isn't.
I also wish I didn't have to keep harping on about submission requirements and betas but it appears I need to.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING!
1. YOU MUST HAVE A BETA! <--- this is not optional, this is a requirement for everyone!
2. Canon spelling mistakes...
I'm sorry but REALLY? Hermione is only spelled one way, so is Voldemort and Harry <-- sigh. From this day forward, our submission witches will be rejecting instantly for canon mistakes. This might sound extremely harsh but there are no excuses for not spelling a character's names correctly, especially if you are submitting to an archive where her name is in the title!
3. Poorly written stories:
I know, who are we to decide what is good and what isn't? I can hear you asking now. Well to be honest, this is why we employ several people from different walks of life with different tastes in stories. But when something is poorly written and reads like you and your friends got together and thought it would be fun to put Hermione in a french high school in the popular clique, well we won't be accepting it.
4. Punctuation and Grammar:
I am certainly not the official on these two elements, but thankfully the submission witches (who are all PI certified) are.
5. Alternate Universe to the Extreme:
Your stories must include Hermione: I mean this is a Hermione CENTRIC Archive! Which means she must be the main character and the main pairing in any romantic relationship! This is not a Harry/Ginny archive where Hermione is seen once, or a Draco/Harry multi-chaptered where Hermione is barely mentioned. YOUR STORY MUST BE HERMIONE CENTRIC!
We do not accept submissions where she is not. Stories where Hermione is someone completely different to her character (she isn't a Swedish barmaid nor is she a short blonde hottie who happens to carry a wand). While we appreciate your own creative intent with taking the characters to new heights, be aware that if the story is so over the top and so totally unbelievable, or Hermione is just a name and not the character, you will probably be rejected.
NEW SUBMISSION RULES EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY!
1. You submit without a beta: We can tell if you haven't used a beta, you try to sneak your story through without a beta and we all know it. If you submit your story without a beta, you will be asked not to resubmit your story for seven days (THIS INCLUDES PRE-VALIDATED AUTHORS!).
2. Serial Offending Authors: You continually submit stories without a beta and without any regard or respect for our submission rules. You will be asked to wait two weeks to resubmit, and until you can prove your story has seen a beta and you have taken their suggestions seriously. (AGAIN THIS INCLUDES PRE-VALIDATED AUTHORS).
3. Those that choose to ignore us completely: Well that's just rude. If you are asked not to resubmit for a week, have a beta see your story or fix common mistakes, then please do it! Don't just change a word or two then resubmit, because you will not be accepted. This happens far too frequently and, to be honest, we are all a little annoyed about it. Our submission witches take the time and effort to read through your stories and make sure they adhere to all our rules, so the least you can do is respect our rules and follow them.
Now I hope everyone understands but if you don't, please feel free to comment and I should add that I will not be changing these at all and do not ask me to do this.
Hello my loves!
Just a quick note to let you know that the recent drama surrounding Wattpad and a certain user of their site copying stories from here then reproducing them on that site. Although they are giving the original author's credit, this is not on and if they have stolen the stories from GE- well let's just say I'm dealing with it.
If anyone wishes to contact me about it or discuss it in the comments feel free- this is an open topic for discussion.
Unfortunately we are unsure if the user did indeed take them from here or from Live Journal but if I find who the member is on here, I will be banning them. So if anyone knows who it is, please let me know.
THIS is the user in question on WattPad
If your story does appear there I strongly suggest you contact not only the administration but comment on your stolen story directly.
As many of you have probably now seen, our featured fics for the month of August are from the popular and much fun Fuh-Q-Fest!
The stories are fabulous and I would encourage you to read every single one, and don't forget to review! The authors are reading each and every one and although they cannot respond now, I promise they will once we reveal all our amazing authors!
I know that we aware that not everyone have all read the book (well most of us) but PLEASE be aware the movie talk is still considered spoilers!
Do not post movie spoilers on the shoutbox, here, at the forums or any of our archives. It is not fair to those whohave not seen the movie.
Also the FQF has begun posting! You can catch those stories under the author name of HermioneFQF!
FQF Prompt request is now closed! Thank you to everyone who submitted a request and posting of already submitted fiction will begin tonight.
All stories must be in by August 7th and if you desperately want a prompt still, please contact me on the forums.
There are only three days remaining in the Hermione FQF!
Well over half of the prompts have been snagged (the ones in purple and red) and there are still quite a few good ones left.
You must be a member of the forums to claim a prompt!
(Experiencing problems with the forums? check to see if you have used an AOL or Yahoo email address!)
Prompts can now be found at the forums...
Problems with the forums? Can't log in...not getting your verification email? If you are using AOL or YAHOO that will be the problem. Those emails are not recognised by our server, so you will have to sign up using a different email address.
Hi guys! Unfortunately due to lack of prompts we've had to cancel the Hermione For All Seasons challenge and replace it with a much more versatile Hermione FQF.
The basics are the same but there are a few differences:
1. Only one prompt per person
2. All stories must be one shots, no wips permitted
3. Prompts are NC17 only, and might contain some odd kinks, like stirring rods and hair lol
4. Prompts will be released on the forums and will be anonymous as per the challenge rules
5. This will be a fest in name only as you are not writing for a gift but glory of winning the overall best fic.
Any questions? Ask me!
I hope you will all join me in wishing our lovely Lupinswolfie an extremely happy and enjoyable birthday.I count Lupinswolfie amongst my dearest friends and not only is she a valued member/author on our site, she tirelessly works for us, even with a new born baby.
So happy birthday Lupins, you know how much I adore you and I wish you all the best for your special day.
MistressMalfoy and the GE Team :)
I hate to sound like a broken record but it has been brought to my attention that several members are breaking our biggest rule. YOU MUST BE 18 TO JOIN OUR SITE! 18! Not fifteen, not seventeen and a half BUT EIGHTEEN!!! It is against the law in pretty much every country in the world for you to join and be underage! DISCLAIMERS ARE OVER THE ENTIRE SITE STATING THIS RULE!.
AS OF TODAY ANYONE FOUND TO BE UNDER 18 AND AN ACTIVE MEMBER OF THIS SITE, MALFOY MANOR AND PURE ARROGANCE will have their IP's BANNED FROM OUR SERVERS until a time they turn 18!
Joining our site you have agreed that you are 18 or over, lying about this, pretending to be older, posting stories/reviews etc WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!
So for two days I am issuing an Amnesty to those who are underage to bow out gracefully and have their accounts locked, because trust me when I say, if I find out you are here and have lied to gain entry to this site I will ban you without hesitation.
IF you are underage you MUST contact admin immediately regarding your account.
Edit to add: We are not required to email you if your account has been suspended after the two days amnesty, and we won't be. So if you find your account suspended or you are unable to access our site, you can pretty much guarantee it's from your own lack of respect for our rules.
Once again, it is time for my yearly reminder about submission and site rules. All authors and readers need to read and follow the rules. In particular, we all need to pay attention to the following:
1. You MUST have a beta.
2. You MUST have a disclaimer.
All of the admins on this site truly want all authors to be posted to the archive, but if the submission and site rules are not followed, it cannot happen. With the number of submissions that come to us on a regular basis, we cannot correct the submissions and/or add the disclaimer. That being said, continue sending in your submissions...we love it!! Just remember the rules are there to make the process easier for all of us. If you have any questions or concerns, as usual, please feel free to contact an admin and we will help you out to the best of our ability.
In my working absence, I've missed a couple of birthdays...
So HAPPPPY BIRTHDAY to LadyLynn and to bookofsecrets!
Now in honour of their most special day I'm allowing them to take over the featured for the next two weeks so Merlin help us all... LOL
Just a little bit of info on LadyLynn is one of our founding members, in fact I remember hounding her over and over with requests to join and heaping praise on her, in an attempt to get her to join lol and she did so yay us! :D
So here are LadyLynn's featured-
Hunted by Mirrorjdyn
The Dragon's Bride by rizzle
Her Shoes by Margaritama
Survivor by atruwriter
Necessary by the Order by Serade Black
Evanescent Memory by Ravenesque
A Living History by MistressMalfoy (awwwwww lol)
Darkest Desires by Lupinswolfie
The Life and Times of Denebola Black by ladyLynn
To all of our wonderful authors and members who are mothers, moms, mums or mums-to-be have a wonderful Mother's Day!
It is a hard job and you deserve the day and the recognition!
With love from:
Mistress Malfoy, sirsevchick, Lupinswolfie, bookofsecrets, and valady_42
So it's that time of year again when I get all excited about challenges and force everyone to participate (lol not really force)
Our newest challenge will be The Seasons (and we have a poll currently to decide which Era we will focus on) But the general gist of the challenge will be similar to the Cliche Challenge we ran last year.
We will issue prompts at the forums, you will choose which prompt you'd like to do, it will then be crossed off the list.
Now to make it fun, everything will be anonymous so no one but the organisers will be aware of who has chosen what. Then after the due in date passes, we will hold a vote at our live journal community and the winners will get a prize (not sure what yet though).
If anyone has any comments or suggestions, please leave them here :)
EDIT: Just a quick note that Malfoy Manor will be running its own challenge at the same time with the same rules :) you can enter both or just one! :) But visit Malfoy Manor for all your Malfoy Men goodies!
What can I say except- IT WILL NOT BE TOLERATED! Any user (and I mean ANY) found (By admin) to be blatantly flaming or rude to an author for no particular reason other than to be an ARSE will be banned instantly!
We do not have a community that encourages hurtful comments and most of our authors are like family to us. I will not allow anyone on this site to be used as a punching bag by a reviewer.
And I know it is easy to say 'Just delete the review' but that isn't the point. Part of our rules state we don't not allow flaming of any person, in reviews, emails or the forums.
Flaming is bullying and a disgusting way for someone to hurt another's self esteem and to bring them down to their level.
Banning explained: Generally rule breakings come with staggered bans, eg: One week for violating banner sizes etc but flaming is an instant ban, forever! There are no second chances because your IP will be put in our database of banned IP's from the server, which means you'll never be able to access our site again. This may seem harsh and I agree, but you cannot be constructive with rude behaviour.
We would like to welcome a brand new affiliate to the family!
Dramione Fic/Art Recs is a new site set up by one of our members elyaeruand I would encourage any and all Dramione fans to check it out. There is a viewer review system for rating stories and is going to be huge!!
Follow the link :D http://dhr.accio.nu
Happy Easter to all our members! We hope you have a safe and happy (meaning lots of chocolate) long four day weekend! Enjoy and we look forward to seeing you all after the break!
Love MistressMalfoy, sirsevchick, Valady, Lupinswolfie and bookofsecrets xox
We are pleased to announce that our newest archive is open for business and now accepting all Malfoys pairing with Hermione!!
On behalf of all our staff, I would like to wish Lupinswolfie and her darling husband our most heartfelt congratulations on the birth of their beautiful baby daughter Danica! (I will have more details when I get the history off my mobile msn)
We are so very proud of you Lupins and send all our love and good wishes your way.
We love you lots!!!
MistressMalfoy and the GE Team
p.s In honour of Lupins wonderful news we are putting her stories up for featured along with all the wonderful ones for the week!!
The lovely admins and I have gotten together this week to pick some stories we'd like featured, whether it be for amazing writing, wonderful characterisations or that we think it's an amazing story that just isn't getting any love from our faithful readers! So enjoy our picks and feel free to comment :D
- Descending into Obscurity by sbrande
- The Iceberg by DameNeant
- Never say Never by not4you
- Actions Speak Louder Than Words by Vedra42
- The Reason by Akshaya
- In One Frame by littlesev
We are very proud to help pimp out the Hermione Big Bang challenge on Live Journal.
To check out the rules click the banner below :)
We are now taking suggestions over at the forums for category names for Malfoy Manor :D
Please leave all comments over there :D
Malfoy Manor Suggestions
Thank you to Punkindoodle for all the work she's done over the years, all the time she's put into validating, submissions and being a wonderful Admin.
Love to you and your family my dear friend!
And now onto the other news :)
Welcome to Valady, our newest Admin, she has some big shoes to fill but I don't doubt for a second she is more than up to the task. So please join me in welcoming our friend Valady to the hot seat.
Good Luck Valady!
Now I hate to be the one to do this, but unfortunately it must be done.
First let’s start off with disclaimers...
A disclaimer must be complete with the following: The characters and canon situations in the following story belong solely to JK Rowling. I am not making any money from the publishing or writing of this story.
This disclaimer will now be standard across the board, if your story does not have this or something similar to this denouncing your ownership and that you’re not making any money then your story will be rejected without question.
AMENDMENT:- THIS ONLY APPLIES TO NEWLY SUBMITTED STORIES!
Rejection is a common thing- you can be rejected for many reasons but the biggest is quality.
Recently we've had dozens of complaints of the level of fiction we are allowing into our site, which in the past was known as a site for quality well written stories that did not resemble ff.net at all (not that there is anything wrong with ff.net)
So we are tightening our belts and not every story will be accepted (even if there are no errors)
Why do we have to do this?
Simply we want quality fiction, we want to be unique and not just another archive. And if that means less stories in the recent addition list then so be it.
I don't think it's fair my story was rejected because of quality when I think it's good!
While we appreciate you submitting your fic, we don't have to accept it just because you think it's good. We reserve the right to reject any story on any basis (see submission rules) and for the good of the community and its continued survival we need to be careful what we allow into the archive.
I was rejected for something simple like a canon error why did this happen?
We live by JK's writing ie: canon spellings must be correct! Don't send mean emails to our submissions witches because you've made a mistake because it will not be tolerated, nor will resubmitting a story after it's been rejected with the same errors, because if you do your story won't be accepted at all.
I was rejected, your submissions witches said it was because I needed a beta. But I have one! This isn't fair!
Just because someone says they are a beta, doesn't make them qualified to edit your story. A qualified beta is one who has a badge (PI etc) If you want to choose a new beta go to the forums or click the PI badge, located on the Enchants skin in links.
Well I have a beta but their suggestions were rubbish, I shouldn't have to change my story because they said so.
Perhaps it's time to change your beta? A good beta will make suggestions not say you have to. However in saying that, a beta is only out for your best interest and will try to help, a good beta will not stop at fixing your grammar and punctuation but will comment on story development, plot holes and stories that are too wordy. Take everything your beta tells you seriously, more often than not they are complying with submission rules and trying to make your story better.
My story is already published at other archives without any troubles, why am I getting grief now?
Granger Enchanted like many others, is a quality controlled archive. A lot of archives allow you to simply submit your story and it will be accepted without question, we want to maintain a higher level so have moderation in place.
How come my first chapter was accepted but my second and third were rejected?
Flow is extremely important with plots. Your first chapter might have wowed everyone but the second and third might not be up to your usual standard. Our submission witches are passionate about quality and strive to be consistent; they might feel your chapters need a bit of work to get them up to previously reached standards. So don’t take offence, just read over their suggestions or go back over your original chapters, they might be on to something. If this is simply a one shot and you have been published before, the previous applies, your usual standards might be missing from your next one shot and submission witches are only trying to be helpful.
Why was I only given twenty four hours to add a disclaimer or fix my mistakes? That is really unfair!
Why it might seem like a short time to fix your story, most authors expect to be published within the day, do us the same courtesy of fixing your story within the alloted time.
Why am I only allowed three chapters in twenty four hours? I want to submit my entire story at once!
You have to give other stories a chance to be on the main recent list, with more exposure. Be fair to your fellow authors and only submit three chapters per twenty four hours.
Remember the lines of communication are always open and you are more than welcome to email your submissions witch with questions and comments. And if something is really troubling you, feel free to contact me as I will do my best to resolve any issues you may have.
Kind regards and happy writing!
MistressMalfoy and the Enchanted Admin Team.
Hi everyone and just a quick note on the forums!
We have a brand spanking new Beta section! That's right you can find all your betaery needs at Owl Post.
1. You can request your own beta
2. Find a qualified beta
3. Offer yourself as a beta!
The link to the forums can be found on the bottom left hand side of the archive under 'Owl Post'
That after weeks of indecision I've finally decided to reopen the forums. The security is tight :D and they look quite pretty so feel free to join :)
You can find the link in the 'links' menu bottom left hand side under 'Owl Post'
I hope you enjoy! :D