For those of you who don't know :) we have forums! That's right a forum, a great place to make friends, meet new people and discuss our most favourite thing in the world Hermione FanFic! :D
We are currently running a Valentine's Day Fic Exchange over at Owl Post and we would love for more participants! :D Due to a small show (come on you lot we want fluff!!) we have extended the deadline until the end of the week (Friday AEST) We need a minimum of ten participants to continue so if you are interested pop to the forums (you will need to sign up first) then go to this LINK! :D
The staff of GE would like to wish each and every one of our adored members a very Merry Christmas and a sensationally drunken new year!!
Stay safe and we will see you all in the New Year!
MistressMalfoy, sirsevchick, Lupinswolfie and Valady
(Thanks to Valady for reminding me because in my busy lead up to Christmas I completely forgot to wish GE a Happy Birthday!)
Three years ago on the 19th I had a tiny little idea to start my own Hermione Centric FanFic archive after being a reader for over a year I had grown bored with searching every single site for fics that were not only readable, Hermione centric and decent quality, so GE was born.
What started off as a very very basic site with no more than ten or so Authors (with me begging and pinching authors from other sites) has morphed into an amazing site to not only run but to own as well.
Each and every one of you, readers, authors and staff alike help to make this site how it is today, a safe and happy place to not only read fiction, but good fiction and to make lifelong friends.
To my wonderful staff, without you beautiful ladies- well we wouldn't have this place at all, because I am complete rubbish at validating and rejecting fics :D I love you all very much and appreciate all your hard work and dedication.
We hope you continue to enjoy Granger Enchanted, and have a safe and wonderful Christmas!
So in its place, we would like to present....
I Have a Christmas Secret!
Well they are simple.
1. The story must be Christmas themed and using one of the prompts below.
2. Minimum 1000 words and if you are writing a WIP at least the first three chapters should be in by December 25th.
3. All pairings are welcome for every prompt (The listed pairings are a guide only)
4. All ratings are welcome!
5. HAPPY ENDINGS A MUST! (It's christmas no sad endings!)
6. Remember the theme is I have a secret so that must be played up a bit and used Stories not including Christmas themes will not be allowed in the new Christmas Challenge Category!
1. Unmarried- unattached... the potion couldn't be blue! (Hermione finds out she is pregnant on Christmas Eve)
2. I love you... (Hermione finds her one true love on christmas)
3. 'I've enchanted the mistletoe,' he whispered and leaned in to kiss her... (He had kept his feelings a secret for almost a decade)
4. 'I'm in love with someone else." She couldn't look him in the eye and at that moment she hated herself- more than her lover- for exposing her secret to her husband.
5. Plane booked. Hotel paid for. Friends blissfully unaware of her Slytherin travel companion. (Hermione goes on a christmas holiday to the tropics with her secret lover)
6. "I have a secret," she said quietly. "I'm wearing red knickers." (surprising her lover on christmas with satin)
7. "Tell me," he pleaded. "Tell me what you want for christmas." She gulped, squeezing her hands together until they hurt. "Your brother...I want (Weasley Brother) for Christmas."
8. He knew her secret, knew her darkest desire was to be possessed by his darkness...and maybe- just maybe, he could finally get her to howl for him.
9. Polyjuice- she liked to play, but there's no harm in that, is there? Well until she was caught retrieving a hair from a certain Blonde Pureblood.
10. Ron was Vanilla...he was dark sinful chocolate all wrapped up in a neat little Death Eater package.
11. How do you tell your best friend and lover that the one person who makes your heart beat and your life worth while was his own best friend, Harry Potter.
12. A dirty little secret shouldn't feel this good. (Hermione and Harry)
13.Working with Malfoy was never going to easy, especially when they started sleeping together.
14. She was the brightest witch of her age, but when it came down to telling her one time lover she still had feelings for him- well she turned into a bleeding Hufflepuff! (Hermione/Gryffindor)
15. She was the secret keeper, the witch with all the power and the healer to the most famous Quidditch Team in their world, The Falmouth Falcons, winners ten years running and sporting one of the most scandalous teams ever known to wizarding kind. (Hermione/Any Quidditch Player)
16. He knew the sword was the only weapon Harry could use to destroy him, but never in his wildest dreams did he believe the little Mudblood would bring it to him willingly. (Hermione/The Dark Lord)
17. "I know your secret..." His eyes were devilish as he reached around and grabbed her arse. "You want me, you just don't know how much yet."
18. If only they knew how fine a line she walked when it came to light and dark magic. But he knew... and he nutured her inquisitive side, and didn't judge the thrill she received from spells long since outlawed. And this Christmas he will give her a gift she won't be able to refuse. (Hermione/Lucius or other DE)
Any questions please feel free to msg me!
Just a quick note to all of our faithful members. As you are all aware, the holiday season is upon us, so please be patient if your submissions/updates are in the queue a little longer than usual. We will try to keep as current as possible.
EDIT: I just wanted to add that between the dates of the 23rd of December and the 2nd of January there will be very limited validation. You are more than welcome to submit your stories to our site but please do not email Admin asking why your story has not been validated. Because this is a blackout period so our wonderful Validating witches can have a holiday with their families! I hope you are all understanding of this fact. MistressMalfoy
As always, if you have any questions, comments or concerns, please feel free to contact us.
I just wanted to post a quick note to thanks those who have already posted Birthday Fics for me. I feel incredibly special and I regret that I haven't been able to read any of them, bar one yet! :D I am currently working fulltime and have family staying with me for my birthday (which is in three days btw lol) But rest assured I will read them and I just know I will love them.
MistressMalfoy *feeling loved*
Sirsevchick, Lupinswolfie and Valady would like to present Mistress Malfoy, our wonderful founder with the gift of a birthday challenge.
This post will be a little longer than most, so please bear with us. Mistress is having a birthday on November 20, so what better way to honor our founder than with a challenge that celebrates the pairing that she loves so dearly. Without further ado, here is the...
MISTRESS MALFOY BIRTHDAY CHALLENGE 2009
***There is now a category in challenges***
Lumione, Harmione Adrian, Marcus, Cormac, Theo, Blaise, Remus, Sirius, James, Dramione (but only if she is cheating on Ron to be with him)
1. There must be a happy ending!
2. Angst is needed
3. Affair!Fic preferred but not needed
4. Hermione must be turning 30 and be feeling a little old
5. Can be dark
6. We know the lovely Mistress prefers the rarer pairs
7. The longer the better
8. While it does not need to be NC-17, it has to be mature
9. NEW! Deadline is indeed her birthday, Nov 20th.
10. ALSO NEW! She would prefer the works completed, but I assure you (somewhat) that she won't come after you with a pitchfork and fire if you're writing her a really long, really good WIP and it's not finished by then.
1. After the war things aren't as bright as Hermione had hoped, prejudice still runs rampant, she is a little on the bitter side and the only one willing to give her a chance, and a job is Lucius Malfoy, after a series of dead end jobs and little help from Harry and Ron.
2. She speaks up for Lucius in the aftermath of the war, he is strangely grateful to the filthy little witch who bested his son at every turn. The only way Lucius knows how to repay her, is not with kindness but to bring her into a world she could only dream of and never realized she wanted.
1. He would slip into her room when everyone else was sleeping, just to remember her touch, to feel her skin against his, he wanted to hold his dream, the one he thought would never come true.
2. Harry Potter, Head Auror, Boy who conquered, confident, powerful, except with Hermione, he always felt as if he was a bumbling fool whenever she was around. Will he be able to be the Boy who can tell her how he feels?
1. It amused him that the Mudblood was so besotted with her betters, but he'd be lying if he didn't admit that she was starting to crack the cold exterior of his heart.
2. He always thought her far above those fools she called friends so he decided one day, to show her just how much fun playing with a Pureblood could be
1. It irked him how much his closest friend talked about the Mudblood and how he wanted to destroy her, Blaise always wanted what others had and was determined to get into the witch's knickers and take what Draco never could.
1. Quidditch had never been his thing nor was pandering to what the Wizarding World expected of him, so the day Adrian Pucey laid down his wand and picked up a Muggle camera was liberating, especially when an old school 'chum' walked into his office, wanting a more exotic portrait.
1. Marcus had grown up being the 'dumb' one, and was ignored which was fine with him. It gave the wizard plenty of time to hone his craft...blackmail. He had left a string of sobbing witches in his wake, using information to get into the prettiest of panties. Then she came along, asleep in the bed of his greatest enemy; Draco Malfoy so he took her and made her his.
1. As soon as his finger, dipped in chocolate, disappeared between his lips, she was his.
2. They work together, compete against each other, fight each other, share a secret and.....a bed.
1. He bites her in the darkest depths of the night, marking her as his forever, he is ashamed but she loves him anyway.
Sirius, James, Remus, Draco, Lucius, Bill, Charlie, Fred,
1. The old cliche, Hermione is forced into marriage to save the dying wizarding world, but with a twist. (up to you!)
2. Hermione accidentally travels forward in time to find a world where Muggleborn witches are forced to marry Purebloods to survive (three years into the future) she is disgusted and horrified until she meets her not so distant future self- who tells her that the law was the brainchild of herself and Lucius Malfoy, who fell in love, wanted to marry but were refused due to his criminal history, they bribe and coerce the Wizengamot to bring forth a law to save the Wizarding World, which allowed them to be together. (This could be a perfect Dark!Hermione for those who like a challenge)
Any other pairings feel free to use what ever plot you would like to make Mistress Malfoy a happy happy birthday girl!
However, please be mindful of other author's intellectual property and as usual plagiarism and lack of beta and disclaimer will not be tolerated. If you are unsure about your plot, contact one of the admins and we will help you out. Oh and please no Draco/Ginny we all know that makes her sick LOL
Use your imagination and have a good time!!!
Love, Sirsevchick, Lupinswolfie and Valady
Congratulation Svelte Rose for a simply amazing tale and for winning the first Hermione Fuh-Q-Fest.
Now her prize!! (not money sorry lol)
First and only prize place gets to pick the featured stories for two weeks, including her own if she wants heh, a nifty Best In Fic Banner and of course the most important part bragging rights!! <3
Now onto the rest of us!!
To avoid confusion and people complaining (which I hope there is
zero) I have tallied all the points and included the minus points.
If you see your story with (EXAMPLE) 2 - 1 = 1 , then your story
received TWO votes, but one of them was disqualified due to multiple voting. The tally will be highest points to lowest (zero) points and the Author's name is in brackets at the end.
1. Defututa 6 -1= 5 Svelte Rose
2. His 5 -1 = 4 lilmisblack
2. Kairos 6 -2 = 4 cocoartist
In the Light of Day 4 -1 = 3 brandy01
Who Trumps Who 9 -6 = 3 Margaritama
A Heart at War = 2 OKDeanna
Feel Me 4 -2 = 2 FallenEve
Hideous Beauty = 2 MariaLynette
Just Friends = 2 Pelespen
Quidditch Through the Ages 4 -2 = 2 MistressMalfoy
Watch the World Burn 7 -5 = 2 Vickie
A Wolf's Seduction 2 -1 = 1 lilbitbord
An Unusual Profession = 1 helenesnape
Insanity = 1 Lupinswolfie
Lycanthropy = 1 brandy01
Red Knickers 7 -6 = 1 Drivelicious
Second Chances = 1 Magdalena
Sinned Against all Flesh = 1 SvelteRose
The Cradle Robber and the Cougar 3 -2 = 1 Drivelicious
We'll Have Eternity 2 -1 = 1 Ceredwen
Adieu Ma Cherie 2 -2 = 0 Olgameisterfunk08
Animus Caliga 2 -2 = 0 FallenEve
Cost of Victory = 0 Vickie
Giving In 2 -2 = 0 Pelespen
Missed Oppurtunity = 0 hp1fan
My Future Love 2 -2 = 0 Blood Faerie
On Your Knees 2 -2 r11; 0 Lupinswolfie
Shapeshifter = 0 Olgameisterfunk08
Stuck = 0 Laney
Third Time is the Charm 2 -2 = 0 Minervasrevenge
To talk Dirty 1 -1 = 0 MariaLynette
I would like to thank everyone in the FQF for participating (except the dunces who voted multiple times) I know you all had a good time, kept the excitement running hot and were very naughty and cheeky! LOL (yes I know!)
The stories were all fantastic and it never ceases to amaze me what wonderful and talented authors we have here at Enchanted. Well done to everyone!!!
I look forward to hosting the next FQF but before then- we will be having a Hermione Exchange!! Check the forums for news shortly!!
Voting has commenced in the First Hermione Fuh-Q-Fest!!
You may vote by visiting the Granger Enchanted Live Journal (you must be a member) rules are also stated there.
I wish I could say this news item was going to be nice but it isn't.
I also wish I didn't have to keep harping on about submission requirements and betas but it appears I need to.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING!
1. YOU MUST HAVE A BETA! <--- this is not optional, this is a requirement for everyone!
2. Canon spelling mistakes...
I'm sorry but REALLY? Hermione is only spelled one way, so is Voldemort and Harry <-- sigh. From this day forward, our submission witches will be rejecting instantly for canon mistakes. This might sound extremely harsh but there are no excuses for not spelling a character's names correctly, especially if you are submitting to an archive where her name is in the title!
3. Poorly written stories:
I know, who are we to decide what is good and what isn't? I can hear you asking now. Well to be honest, this is why we employ several people from different walks of life with different tastes in stories. But when something is poorly written and reads like you and your friends got together and thought it would be fun to put Hermione in a french high school in the popular clique, well we won't be accepting it.
4. Punctuation and Grammar:
I am certainly not the official on these two elements, but thankfully the submission witches (who are all PI certified) are.
5. Alternate Universe to the Extreme:
Your stories must include Hermione: I mean this is a Hermione CENTRIC Archive! Which means she must be the main character and the main pairing in any romantic relationship! This is not a Harry/Ginny archive where Hermione is seen once, or a Draco/Harry multi-chaptered where Hermione is barely mentioned. YOUR STORY MUST BE HERMIONE CENTRIC!
We do not accept submissions where she is not. Stories where Hermione is someone completely different to her character (she isn't a Swedish barmaid nor is she a short blonde hottie who happens to carry a wand). While we appreciate your own creative intent with taking the characters to new heights, be aware that if the story is so over the top and so totally unbelievable, or Hermione is just a name and not the character, you will probably be rejected.
NEW SUBMISSION RULES EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY!
1. You submit without a beta: We can tell if you haven't used a beta, you try to sneak your story through without a beta and we all know it. If you submit your story without a beta, you will be asked not to resubmit your story for seven days (THIS INCLUDES PRE-VALIDATED AUTHORS!).
2. Serial Offending Authors: You continually submit stories without a beta and without any regard or respect for our submission rules. You will be asked to wait two weeks to resubmit, and until you can prove your story has seen a beta and you have taken their suggestions seriously. (AGAIN THIS INCLUDES PRE-VALIDATED AUTHORS).
3. Those that choose to ignore us completely: Well that's just rude. If you are asked not to resubmit for a week, have a beta see your story or fix common mistakes, then please do it! Don't just change a word or two then resubmit, because you will not be accepted. This happens far too frequently and, to be honest, we are all a little annoyed about it. Our submission witches take the time and effort to read through your stories and make sure they adhere to all our rules, so the least you can do is respect our rules and follow them.
Now I hope everyone understands but if you don't, please feel free to comment and I should add that I will not be changing these at all and do not ask me to do this.
Hello my loves!
Just a quick note to let you know that the recent drama surrounding Wattpad and a certain user of their site copying stories from here then reproducing them on that site. Although they are giving the original author's credit, this is not on and if they have stolen the stories from GE- well let's just say I'm dealing with it.
If anyone wishes to contact me about it or discuss it in the comments feel free- this is an open topic for discussion.
Unfortunately we are unsure if the user did indeed take them from here or from Live Journal but if I find who the member is on here, I will be banning them. So if anyone knows who it is, please let me know.
THIS is the user in question on WattPad
If your story does appear there I strongly suggest you contact not only the administration but comment on your stolen story directly.
As many of you have probably now seen, our featured fics for the month of August are from the popular and much fun Fuh-Q-Fest!
The stories are fabulous and I would encourage you to read every single one, and don't forget to review! The authors are reading each and every one and although they cannot respond now, I promise they will once we reveal all our amazing authors!
I know that we aware that not everyone have all read the book (well most of us) but PLEASE be aware the movie talk is still considered spoilers!
Do not post movie spoilers on the shoutbox, here, at the forums or any of our archives. It is not fair to those whohave not seen the movie.
Also the FQF has begun posting! You can catch those stories under the author name of HermioneFQF!
FQF Prompt request is now closed! Thank you to everyone who submitted a request and posting of already submitted fiction will begin tonight.
All stories must be in by August 7th and if you desperately want a prompt still, please contact me on the forums.
There are only three days remaining in the Hermione FQF!
Well over half of the prompts have been snagged (the ones in purple and red) and there are still quite a few good ones left.
You must be a member of the forums to claim a prompt!
(Experiencing problems with the forums? check to see if you have used an AOL or Yahoo email address!)
Prompts can now be found at the forums...
Problems with the forums? Can't log in...not getting your verification email? If you are using AOL or YAHOO that will be the problem. Those emails are not recognised by our server, so you will have to sign up using a different email address.
Hi guys! Unfortunately due to lack of prompts we've had to cancel the Hermione For All Seasons challenge and replace it with a much more versatile Hermione FQF.
The basics are the same but there are a few differences:
1. Only one prompt per person
2. All stories must be one shots, no wips permitted
3. Prompts are NC17 only, and might contain some odd kinks, like stirring rods and hair lol
4. Prompts will be released on the forums and will be anonymous as per the challenge rules
5. This will be a fest in name only as you are not writing for a gift but glory of winning the overall best fic.
Any questions? Ask me!
I hope you will all join me in wishing our lovely Lupinswolfie an extremely happy and enjoyable birthday.I count Lupinswolfie amongst my dearest friends and not only is she a valued member/author on our site, she tirelessly works for us, even with a new born baby.
So happy birthday Lupins, you know how much I adore you and I wish you all the best for your special day.
MistressMalfoy and the GE Team :)
I hate to sound like a broken record but it has been brought to my attention that several members are breaking our biggest rule. YOU MUST BE 18 TO JOIN OUR SITE! 18! Not fifteen, not seventeen and a half BUT EIGHTEEN!!! It is against the law in pretty much every country in the world for you to join and be underage! DISCLAIMERS ARE OVER THE ENTIRE SITE STATING THIS RULE!.
AS OF TODAY ANYONE FOUND TO BE UNDER 18 AND AN ACTIVE MEMBER OF THIS SITE, MALFOY MANOR AND PURE ARROGANCE will have their IP's BANNED FROM OUR SERVERS until a time they turn 18!
Joining our site you have agreed that you are 18 or over, lying about this, pretending to be older, posting stories/reviews etc WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!
So for two days I am issuing an Amnesty to those who are underage to bow out gracefully and have their accounts locked, because trust me when I say, if I find out you are here and have lied to gain entry to this site I will ban you without hesitation.
IF you are underage you MUST contact admin immediately regarding your account.
Edit to add: We are not required to email you if your account has been suspended after the two days amnesty, and we won't be. So if you find your account suspended or you are unable to access our site, you can pretty much guarantee it's from your own lack of respect for our rules.
Once again, it is time for my yearly reminder about submission and site rules. All authors and readers need to read and follow the rules. In particular, we all need to pay attention to the following:
1. You MUST have a beta.
2. You MUST have a disclaimer.
All of the admins on this site truly want all authors to be posted to the archive, but if the submission and site rules are not followed, it cannot happen. With the number of submissions that come to us on a regular basis, we cannot correct the submissions and/or add the disclaimer. That being said, continue sending in your submissions...we love it!! Just remember the rules are there to make the process easier for all of us. If you have any questions or concerns, as usual, please feel free to contact an admin and we will help you out to the best of our ability.
In my working absence, I've missed a couple of birthdays...
So HAPPPPY BIRTHDAY to LadyLynn and to bookofsecrets!
Now in honour of their most special day I'm allowing them to take over the featured for the next two weeks so Merlin help us all... LOL
Just a little bit of info on LadyLynn is one of our founding members, in fact I remember hounding her over and over with requests to join and heaping praise on her, in an attempt to get her to join lol and she did so yay us! :D
So here are LadyLynn's featured-
Hunted by Mirrorjdyn
The Dragon's Bride by rizzle
Her Shoes by Margaritama
Survivor by atruwriter
Necessary by the Order by Serade Black
Evanescent Memory by Ravenesque
A Living History by MistressMalfoy (awwwwww lol)
Darkest Desires by Lupinswolfie
The Life and Times of Denebola Black by ladyLynn
To all of our wonderful authors and members who are mothers, moms, mums or mums-to-be have a wonderful Mother's Day!
It is a hard job and you deserve the day and the recognition!
With love from:
Mistress Malfoy, sirsevchick, Lupinswolfie, bookofsecrets, and valady_42
So it's that time of year again when I get all excited about challenges and force everyone to participate (lol not really force)
Our newest challenge will be The Seasons (and we have a poll currently to decide which Era we will focus on) But the general gist of the challenge will be similar to the Cliche Challenge we ran last year.
We will issue prompts at the forums, you will choose which prompt you'd like to do, it will then be crossed off the list.
Now to make it fun, everything will be anonymous so no one but the organisers will be aware of who has chosen what. Then after the due in date passes, we will hold a vote at our live journal community and the winners will get a prize (not sure what yet though).
If anyone has any comments or suggestions, please leave them here :)
EDIT: Just a quick note that Malfoy Manor will be running its own challenge at the same time with the same rules :) you can enter both or just one! :) But visit Malfoy Manor for all your Malfoy Men goodies!
What can I say except- IT WILL NOT BE TOLERATED! Any user (and I mean ANY) found (By admin) to be blatantly flaming or rude to an author for no particular reason other than to be an ARSE will be banned instantly!
We do not have a community that encourages hurtful comments and most of our authors are like family to us. I will not allow anyone on this site to be used as a punching bag by a reviewer.
And I know it is easy to say 'Just delete the review' but that isn't the point. Part of our rules state we don't not allow flaming of any person, in reviews, emails or the forums.
Flaming is bullying and a disgusting way for someone to hurt another's self esteem and to bring them down to their level.
Banning explained: Generally rule breakings come with staggered bans, eg: One week for violating banner sizes etc but flaming is an instant ban, forever! There are no second chances because your IP will be put in our database of banned IP's from the server, which means you'll never be able to access our site again. This may seem harsh and I agree, but you cannot be constructive with rude behaviour.
We would like to welcome a brand new affiliate to the family!
Dramione Fic/Art Recs is a new site set up by one of our members elyaeruand I would encourage any and all Dramione fans to check it out. There is a viewer review system for rating stories and is going to be huge!!
Follow the link :D http://dhr.accio.nu
Happy Easter to all our members! We hope you have a safe and happy (meaning lots of chocolate) long four day weekend! Enjoy and we look forward to seeing you all after the break!
Love MistressMalfoy, sirsevchick, Valady, Lupinswolfie and bookofsecrets xox
We are pleased to announce that our newest archive is open for business and now accepting all Malfoys pairing with Hermione!!
On behalf of all our staff, I would like to wish Lupinswolfie and her darling husband our most heartfelt congratulations on the birth of their beautiful baby daughter Danica! (I will have more details when I get the history off my mobile msn)
We are so very proud of you Lupins and send all our love and good wishes your way.
We love you lots!!!
MistressMalfoy and the GE Team
p.s In honour of Lupins wonderful news we are putting her stories up for featured along with all the wonderful ones for the week!!
The lovely admins and I have gotten together this week to pick some stories we'd like featured, whether it be for amazing writing, wonderful characterisations or that we think it's an amazing story that just isn't getting any love from our faithful readers! So enjoy our picks and feel free to comment :D
- Descending into Obscurity by sbrande
- The Iceberg by DameNeant
- Never say Never by not4you
- Actions Speak Louder Than Words by Vedra42
- The Reason by Akshaya
- In One Frame by littlesev
We are very proud to help pimp out the Hermione Big Bang challenge on Live Journal.
To check out the rules click the banner below :)